HybridZ

need help finding cabinets/shelves ETC.

shelves/cabinets info needed

Ok , I just passed , my electrical permits/inspections ETC. and I need info on quality shelves/cabinets that are at least semi-reasonably priced. as ILL be purchasing ALOT of them for the new garage/shop

the shelves must be the industrial type 3 shelf design with the metal verticals that allow the shelves to be adjusted easily (the hook/slot type) that hold a MINIMUM of 1000LBS per shelf I bought the last set at HOME DEPOT but they no longer sell industrial quality shelving that IVE been able to find.

cabinets

HOME DEPOT sells some nice (HUSKY BRAND) garage cabinets but they are WAY WAY OVER PRICED at $1000 for each 10 feet of wall

LINKS,AND WELL THOUGHT THRU SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME GUYS, I want this shop to look great and be functional but I don,t want to spend anouther $10K to do it

well ID prefer a 24" depth

a 96" width

and a 72" height but anything close would be considered

and yeah I store multiple BLOCKS and heads and cranks ETC. off the floor

Going to sound wierd, but go to an Old Navy outlet and look at how they make their display racks. Totally modular galvanized steel units that look indestructible. If you could figure out where they get there stuff that would be a way to go. Or better yet. Hurricane season is coming up, so just wait for the next big one then loot the local Old Navy.

I've been thinking about shelving/cabinets too. My new shop just passed final inspection yesterday.

My problem is, now that the building is up, I am broke.

Northern Tool has some nice looking shelving:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/NTESearch2?storeId=6970&N=0&Ntk=P_Brand&Ntt=USP&Nty=1&D=USP&Ntx=mode+matchall&Dx=mode+matchall&cmnosearch=true

I've been advised to check metal scrap yards for used pallet racking.

Good luck and let us all know what you end up with.

:cheers:

Don

Good luck Don & Grumpy. Shelving 'taint too cheep. I found this for cabinets--nice stuff, but quite expensive. Here is a pic and a description:

WS900_LG.jpg

"THIS ULTIMATE GARAGE STORAGE SYSTEM WILL TRANSFORM YOUR FAVORITE ROOM.

This Wall Storage Unit is a great way to maximize space in your garage with massive amounts of storage in only 28" of depth! It's the same quality construction as our finest storage cabinets. Pictured above it will allow you to store everything you desire. From pounds of fasteners and tools in the 5' tall Cabinets to gallons of liquids and car parts in the 2 door cabinets featuring pull out shelves. Simply, pull out the flat shelf ,with removable stiffeners, to get to everything! With the stiffener out the shelves feature a small lip to keep items from sliding off. The shelves have a 770 pound capacity and swallow up enormous amounts of things. Nothing gets hidden at the back so you maximize the entire shelf. The shelves are also adjustable to fit your different height requirements. The doors hide all of your bulky items and keep them dust-free while providing a clean look to the garage. The 7 and 11 Drawer Cabinets and 5 Drawer Double-Wide, hold an incredible amount of tools and fasteners. I store extra long clamps, circular saws, and even get to sleep in one in a pinch! Steel rollers, not light-duty ball bearing sliders let the drawers glide silky smooth, even when fully loaded! Ultra-safe, built-in back-of-drawer locking mechanism. Heavy 10 & 12 gauge steel construction supports 440 lbs. each! I designed this Wall Storage Unit to fit in most any garage. You can choose two different size upper cabinets depending on your ceiling height. Specify either an 8 or 9 foot Unit. You'll get everything in the pictured to turn your garage into an instant storage center making your favorite room in the house a pleasure to spend quality time in. Or, mix and match each individual unit to fit your special needs. Cabinets are red with black housing. Swiss design and custom-made for us in the U.S.A. Allow 4-6 weeks for standard delivery." http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_3000&L2=L2_3020&L3=L3_3021&SKU=WS900

The 9' tall unit is about $10,000, but hey, it's nice!

Davy