HybridZ

Well it's off to Indy I go

Dp351zcar

Well I have to be at the airport at 4:15am, bummer. On the flip side I am going to watch the US formula one race and just about anything is worth that.

Am I the ony F1 fan here? Who do you think will win, as I see it there could be a very good race this year between three diffrent drivers and teams. My seats are in the front row of the stands looking at turn one. It's going to be cool.

Don

Enjoy it while you can... Word has it that Ecclestein (SP?) doesn't plan to continue in the US after 2007... I read a qoute form him on another board about their not needing the US market, and that the headache and worry for lawsuite negated fan loyalty... Paraphrasing there, but it doesn't sound like Bernie wants us to play! :roll:

I'm a huge fan of the sport, but hat the leadershipfrom within F1...

Mike

Enjoy it while you can... Word has it that Ecclestein (SP?) doesn't plan to continue in the US after 2007... I read a qoute form him on another board about their not needing the US market' date=' and that the headache and worry for lawsuite negated fan loyalty... Paraphrasing there, but it doesn't sound like Bernie wants us to play! :roll:

I'm a huge fan of the sport, but hat the leadershipfrom within F1...

Mike[/quote']

Maybe we should have a "Weekend at Bernie's" to keep F1 in the US! :mrgreen: I like F1 a lot--much more than NASCAR on Speedchannel. I can't stand too much roundy round. At least F1 has some excellent "courses" to run on.

Now if we could get more WRC coverage...

Davy

From Indy. I have tickets I got when F1 came to Indy in 2000 and the seats are so good I just keep renewing them every year even when I know I am not going. A lady bought them off the first year I didn't go and still wants to buy them when I don't use them as they are tickets in the front row of the stands staring straight at turn one.

We didn't plan to go this year so there wan't time to really plan it out the way we usually (she is a planner) so we used Expedia.com got the flight, hotel and rental car. Beware of getting a hotel on the internet this time was ok but other times it was not the same place by looking at the pics.

The race kinda sucked as the turn one-two crashes happened right in front of me and I was tring to get it all on a new camera which means I didn't get to see clearly and I didn't get much of it recorded. Bummer.

It was worth it being there just to be around the people. People from all around the world go there for that race and it's cool to people watch. I think the F1 theme is rich older guys with younger pretty ladys.

Then there is the sound of the cars which can only be described as Music

Hope Indy continues.

Don