HybridZ

bad as! rear hatch looks like farari

Yes, the blue one is a stock hatch modified with a fiberglass "Pantera style" insert. I saw that car and talked to the owner at Z-fest in Fremont CA a few years ago. (It looks like the pics where taken there too).

A full fiberglass hatch would be a better deal. He had issues with cracking that you can't see in the pics.

You really have to love the look though to give up so much interior storage space in the rear. When my wife and I drove the Z to MSA we needed all that space for our luggage and what-nots. Never would have made it with that hatch.

Run a search for aerodynamics, there have been some pretty lengthy discussions of what would help a z in that department (one of my favorites was driving in reverse). It was said that removing the hatch all together would make the car more aerodynamic, so I would imagine the pantera hatch would help as well.

I was going to do something similar to the red one with a '79 2+2 (yes I said 2+2) but I wasn't going to carry the tunnel that far back... just the length of the rear seats... and the tunnle section was going to be 2 peice removable so you could pull it off and put it in the newly formed trunk and have a 4 seated roadster (cramped but still 4 seats)

the donor I had was too far gone in the Rust War though... I'd still like to try it if anyone knows of a S-130 2+2 in decent shape and good price, pref. 5 spd running, not , I don't care.