HybridZ

Subtles + ZGs = 12" clearance???

Sparks280zt

There was a thread about this previously, but I dont think a defiante answer was given. I am wondering if I have subtle rear quarters and then add ZG flares on top of those, will it allow me to run a 12 inch wide wheel in the back? John Washingtons site for the subltes claims they add an extra 1.5 inches or clearance and I am assuming ZGs add 1.5 inches of clearnce, so do you guys think a 12 would fit?

P10100032.JPG

15X10 w/ 5" backspace Diamonds. As you can see they go all the way to the edge and even then some. They dont rub the flairs but the Hoosier slicks diameter is small too. I know some have gone 5.5" BS but not sure how as there doesn't seem to be 1/2" clearance left. This is with coilovers. Not sure how much the Subtle Flairs add but i think 12" would be pushing it if they are only 1.5".

Cameron

Lambo have you tried this? Any pics?

I didn't complete it but I did measure everything and so on, just incase I wanted to to do it.

A 12in rear wheel will fit, it just will take some cutting to the Subtle flare and some glass work.

The wheels I was going to use for this type of setup were either CCW or Jline.

Just for the info a 11in wide rear wheel will fit on just a ZG flared Z car.

Haha, your funny. Yes I need 12 inch wheels. I want to be able to hook up now with my l28et, and in the future when I change the motor to something more powerful, I only want to buy wheels once, thanks.

Sure it should hold an l28et easily, but how about a turbo ls1? a 500 hp 2jzgte? Like I said, I want to by wheels only once that can hold my future plans.

• 3 years later...