HybridZ

grounding kits?

J__

hi guys, anyone have experience with grounding kits on our z's?

like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-STYLE-STI-UNIVERSAL-GROUNDING-GROUND-WIRES-WIRE-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33691QQihZ004QQitemZ140011915698QQrdZ1

is there any significant difference it'll make on our 30 yr old cars? my friend is ordering 2 for his cars and suggested i get one as well

Just make sure your stock grounds are in good shape. Personally I like to minimize wires and other clutter, not add to it.

BTW, beware of any kit that has to warn you to NOT connect the ground wire to the positve battery terminal. And WTH is "JDM" about that kit?

I made my own battery cable "kit" from lugs and 1/0 welding wire. You heat the lug end with a propane torch, fill it half with solder, and dunk the exposed end of the wire in. E.Z.-P.Z.

The headlights /seem/ brighter- of course its just my mind playing tricks on me. Its hard to quantify any improvement. Helps me sleep at night though knowing the grounds are all good ;)

well theres nothing jdm about it. just the seller trying to make it more appealing to the jdm wannabe crowd? personally i dont care if that thing is jdm or usdm or etc etc as long as it works.