HybridZ

280zx Rim Adapters!

Call a local wheel shop, see what they've got. Check Ebay, they turn up there every so often. Try to cut out the middle man and see if a local machine shop could just turn you some on the lathe. Find some wheels that fit correctly, and leave the adapters off...the possibilities are endless!

Do 240z wheel adapters work on a 280zx? i dont think so but someone confirm

Ben, the 240Z wheel adapters are typically an inch or so wide. The ZX adapters are at least 1.5" thick. So will they work? The answer is "they won't make the wheel look right on the car." This is assuming normal Honda FWD offset.

I have seen the Modern-Motorsports.com adapters and they are quality pieces and made for the car with the correct thickness.

Davy

Ben' date=' the 240Z wheel adapters are typically an inch or so wide. The ZX adapters are at least 1.5" thick. So will they work? The answer is "they won't make the wheel look right on the car." This is assuming normal Honda FWD offset.

I have seen the Modern-Motorsports.com adapters and they are quality pieces and made for the car with the correct thickness.

Davy[/quote']

I have the MM adapters and they look and work great. Mine are 1.5" but, are made for the Accord and Prelude rims.

I have the MM adapters and they look and work great. Mine are 1.5" but, are made for the Accord and Prelude rims.

Opening_page_to_website_pic.jpg

...and they fill out your fender wells just perfectly too :2thumbs: Gotta love that look!!!!

Davy

http://www.adaptitusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=60

would those work? they seem right. 12x1.5 and pretty good price too 200$ with shipping. What do you guys think?

You should contact them to see how thick they are so you'll know what the affect offset would be with those wheels you want to use.

Thanks Ben, now you've got me interested again in going this way, LOL

You should contact them to see how thick they are so you'll know what the affect offset would be with those wheels you want to use.

Thanks Ben' date=' now you've got me interested again in going this way, LOL[/quote']

haha sorry! i just cant see my z without 17"s lol. it says 1.5 thick or i can choose how thick. If I go 1.5" thick with a +40 offset i think i should be fine. Do you guys know if 18s would fit on the rear without rubbing? Im thinking about going staggered with 17s in the front and 18s in the back. Anyone heard of getting 18s on a 280zx?