HybridZ

What are these things??!?

Hello, I picked up a bunch of parts from a guy who was supposedly going to build a performance 240z. BUT, there were parts from other cars mixed in as well. Anyways, I have a 280zx, so I don't want this stuff, so I'm planning on putting it on EBay. I've been searching for the last hour or so trying to find pictures of what I THINK this stuff is for, but none seem to match exactly.

This looks like a solid differential mount to me, but it only has 1 angled side, whereas MSA's picture shows 2 angled sides. Also, MSA's is steel, and this one is aluminum (I think - non-magnetic, lightweight).

411448_12_full.jpg

I couldn't find any pics of this thing, so I don't have a clue what it is for. It looks like it belongs with the above piece.

411448_14_full.jpg

I know these are some kind of adjustable bushing thing, but I don't know if it is for front, rear, 240z, 280z, etc. Does it look like it is missing a bushing or something, or is it ready to install like this?

411448_13_full.jpg

This last one looks like it could be used to replace a tension rod bushing or maybe to attach a custom control arm to, or it might just be a universal joint? I have no clue:

411448_11_full.jpg

Thanks so much for taking a look at this - any help would be appreciated!

The top pic looks like a solid diff mount to me also

Don't know what the second thing is

The third thing is offset camber adjustable control arm bushings. Have something similar on the front of my 240

The last pic are strut bar mounting brackets. They bolt to the top of the strut towers and have a threaded tube that goes between them. Notice the reverse threaded heim joint.

The first pic is a solid differential mount, the second photos are camber bushings for the lower front control arms, the thrid pic looks to be for come adjustable tension rods, not sure on the third though.

ohhh, I see now, the rubber or urethane bushings install INTO the plastic bushings through the adjustable piece.....duh!! I was thinking to myself,, those plastic bushings look pretty thin, wouldn't allow for much deflection! hehe... on the zx, the control arm wouldn't allow that piece to be inserted in, that's why I couldn't picture it in my mind!

here's some more pics of the mystery part:

411448_15_full.jpg

and

411448_16_full.jpg

ohhh, I see now, the rubber or urethane bushings install INTO the plastic bushings through the adjustable piece.....duh!! I was thinking to myself,, those plastic bushings look pretty thin, wouldn't allow for much deflection! hehe... on the zx, the control arm wouldn't allow that piece to be inserted in, that's why I couldn't picture it in my mind!

Nope. Those are rear control arm bushings (could be front side or the rear side, can't really tell), and the part of the control arm that slides through it is about 1" around. You are correct that there is very little deflection possible with those installed. That's the point!

No idea what the mystery part is.

Correct. I think by the picture you're missing the rear ones, which are slightly shorter. You could use poly in the rear and these in the front to adjust toe if you wanted, or if you had both the front and the rear you could adjust toe and camber (to a limited degree).

• 1 month later...