HybridZ

Primadonna Z32

COZY Z COLE

posted by b_sosick:they are made to HAUL ASS!!!

(unless uts one of my z's of course :-( )

But your car LOOKS so fast just sitting there! It's like that commercial for the celica with the factory bodykit where the cop goes sailing past because he thinks it's speeding, when really it's parked on the side of the road not going anywhere? Yeah, that's the stuff...Kinda like how my car is going to be after I get myself a whale tail and front spoiler...

Well, IMO they wings are just a crutch for having a small johnson under the bonnet!!

Uhh, actually the white one was owned by Hoover Chan (HooversTurbo) who is on this site. He sold it in 2005 to a guy from out of state. I have seen the white car in person and I can tell you it has a NASTY small block chevy with a 4 speed under the hood. It could easily spin those massively wide tires and made exhaust noises that sounded like a symphony (if you like Chevy's that is), so it had the guts to back up the looks...at least the white one did. The cars were more of a race car than a street car believe it or not. Pure business inside the driver's compartment. No BS, just race race race all the way.

Davy

Uhh, actually the white one was owned by Hoover Chan who is on this site. He sold it in 2005 to a guy from out of state. I have seen the white car in person and I can tell you it has a NASTY small block chevy with a 4 speed under the hood. It could easily spin those massively wide tires and made exhaust noises that sounded like a symphony (if you like Chevy's that is), so it had the guts to back up the looks...at least the white one did. The cars were more of a race car than a street car believe it or not. Pure business inside the driver's compartment. No BS, just race race race all the way.

That's what I wanted to hear. For some reason I can easily imagine the thing running the Silver State Classic in the 170 mph class... :D:twisted:

Well, IMO they wings are just a crutch for having a small johnson under the bonnet!!

Are these the origins of the current "rice" movement? Everyone has their own tastes, and I hope I don't offend anyone when I say those S30 Z's are absolutely hideous!!! Almost as ugly as Tammy Faye Baker on a good day.

They look like something from a cheesy early 80's show.

Are these the origins of the current "rice" movement?

I would say no offhand, since these aren't very well known vehicles. "Rice" probably has more to do with the JGTC series, and to a lesser extent the WRC, since that's where the types of cars normally associated with the look you're describing are being built with wild bodykits and big wheels (not so much WRC, but they do have some creative spoilers). And as for being on a cheesy early 80's show, in the early 80's when these were built, that was the aesthetic so they were probably pretty exotic when put in context. They are dated, but so is a stock z. You can almost always tell what era a car was built in at a glance. I think it's part of the charm of these cars that they are so Miami Vice...

*edit* And it really makes me happy to hear that the white car, which is my favorite anyway, was actually fast!

Am I seeing a single windshield wiper in the rear middle of the hood on the red one. Does it come up with the hood, wiring, motor, arm and all? Is the front all tilt. Would Tammy Faye return my phone call, I am not sure Jim handled her correctly. Interesting.

After giving it a good long look, I don't like it as mouch. Reason being, the front half looks too stretched and the rear looks the same. if they shorten up the front in porportion to the stock dimension I think it would be killer. But thats just my opinion. Still wouldn't mind having that, but I wouldn"t mind having a lot of things.:mrgreen:

Am I seeing a single windshield wiper in the rear middle of the hood on the red one.

You do. They used a custom windshield whose base was mounted farther forward. Tilt front end. The works. Nice cars.

Davy

• 4 weeks later...

You guys need to remember, these cars were modified in the late 70's and early 80's. We're talkin' DISCO here!

Think Lamborghini Countach style. And yes, every body part on those cars was functional to increase downforce, vent heat from the engine compartment and make them as fast and reliable as possible.

The guy that did the body work understood aerodynamics very well, made his own molds and built his own parts.

And for whomever it was that mentioned doing an old school carb'd turbo... How 'bout this one with triple Mikuni's:

05.intake1.jpg

06.intake2.jpg