HybridZ

Clean engine bay pictures needed !!!

Dayz

Hi guys,

I am cleaning up the engine bay. I welded all the holes, will run my wiring harness in the upper body frame and...I am now re-routing my fuel and brake lines.

I would need some pictures of really clean engine bay in order to get some ideas. If you have other pictures of underbody send it over as well. I want to eliminate the most I can !!!

Thank you very much guys !!

Dayz

Here is 240hoke's engine bay... pretty clean if you ask me

m37160612.jpg

Here is how I ran my cheapo temporary ignition box. The harness goes into the fender to be clean looking.

The blue and green wires are water temp sensor wires. They will be rewired and hidden soon enough. I kept full length of all the MSD wires since I wil be going with a better system sooner or later. Notice my "custom" coil mount...lol You will never guess what I made it from.

m47864774.jpg

Here are some pictures I took after getting the car out of the paint shop,I just had them shave most of the side holes, I wasnt sure wich holes to plug on the firewall.

Picture220.jpg

Picture219.jpg

Picture218.jpg

Picture216.jpg

Some with the engine in,It covers most of the firewalls holes.

ls2z003.jpg

ls2z002.jpg

ls2z001.jpg

Here are some pictures of what I did to matt's car. This was a 280z, matt drilled off all the tabs and mounting brackets and then i went back and filled all the holes.

matt_s_280z_004.sized.jpg

matt_s_280z_011.sized.jpg

matt_s_280z_012.sized.jpg

matt_s_280z_005.sized.jpg

matt_s_280z_006.sized.jpg

Matt wanted the painless wires run inside the engine compartment to make them easier to access and help with simplicity. On my car I ran the wires under the fender in a loom so I dont ahev any wires at all on my fenders. Painless wiring is one of hte best things you can do to clean up the engine compartment.