HybridZ

video of my Z nearly finished

Actually its you guys on the wrong side of the road! LOL

Engine wise I have an L28 with a skimmed, ported and polished N42 head, uprated valves and springs, fast road cam, tripple DCOE weber carbs, 6 branch manifold, electronic ignition. Probably somewhere near 220BHP not been on the RR yet.

The suspension was custom made, all the strut tubes were removed and replaced with new steel tubes that have thread all the way to the top (great for changing spring lengths)

Race dampers custom made by Protech (fully adjustable)

Struts were shortened a fair amount so Ive ended up with the thicker 260 top mounts to get the dampers in thier working range.

I also replaced all the bushes with urethane, and fitted 200lb 12" front and 250lb 10" rear 2.1/4" springs.....after test driving I have found the springs to way too stiff so I'm going to try 140 front and 160 rear.

Yeah I did notice, bad earth connection somewhere but thats the least of my problems right now:wink:

Wheel size I went for 17" x 9.5" with negative 19mm offset rear

and 17"x9" with negative 13mm offset front

tyres are pirelli pzero rosso 255/40/17 rear and 235/45/17 front. Plenty of room behind the wheels with the 2 1/4 springs fitted.

wheel were made by superlite wheels here in the UK, 3 piece split rims...they are actually made to the wrong spec so after a lot of complaining they are makig me a new set while I use these. I asked for 9.5 and 9" to get a deep dish, they ended up using 3" outer rims and larger inner rims with a 70mm deep centre boss to get the offset right:evil: they are nopw making them with 5" outers and a centre thickness of 30mm....more like it! when you spend $2500 on a set of wheels you want them right..right?

I also fitted anice rear disc conversion, here is a shot

reardisc1a_thumb.jpg

Man you live on a dangerous and busy road? I was biting my lower lip watching oncoming traffic.

That was a very quiet time, its always a gamble pulling out of my drive. Last year 16 cars went inot the field or into my garden in the space of 3 months...always after a rain shower!

Beautiful car!!

Thnaks

Who installed the aftermarket sunroof?

I don't know but I can't stand it, Im going to remove to sunroof and fitting and glue a carbon fibre skin over the top

Yasin

yep i understand! what currency are you talking? i was wanting some watanabes in that sort of size but found out they dont make any negative offset wheels in 17" :( post up some pics of you're new rims when you get them!

I was talking $ for you guys, here it cost around £1500 for the 4 wheels and anorther 500 for the tyres. They make them to any offset you want. If I was to do it again I would go -13 front and rear as the rears stick out a little too much