HybridZ

AZC adj. control arms/tc rod kit

Do adjustable control arms/tc rod combos allow you to adjust camber as well?

I am about to order these for my front suspension and was wondering if i still need camber plates?

I have a good guy here who does custom suspension alignments and he can dial it all in for me so i dont care about ease of adjustment, i just dont want extra parts, if i dont need camber plates, i rather avoid the extra hassle

Also, i assume the AZC control arms come with the tc rods that are pictured corect??

frontarm2.jpg

A bunch of guys have made their own. You could go that way. An adjustable control arm can be lengthened for camber, but it is preferable IMO to adjust it on top with a camber plate, because if you have one side that's pretty far off from the other side then you end up with one wheel sticking out farther from the center line of the car. If you use camber plates then you can change the track width if you want on the bottom and use the plates on the top.

There's lots of threads on this subject. Try a search. I think 240hoke had a complete write-up on some arms that he made.

They come as pictured, welll minus the rod end sway bar mount. You can adjust camber some. I lengthend my AZC arms 10mm, about the max to flush out the tire. I have camber plates to adjust for the 10mm. You can pull it in some but it might not be enough to set the camber to the specs you are looking for, unless you are lookinh for more camber. You can adjust caster with the car on the ground, real easy to do.

yea i am lookin for track car camber, so i want more camber

What about the rear, i dont think i can justify spending $600 on a tubular control arm to be able to adjust camber and toe, what are my options for the rear for toe? Or should i just do bushings and keep the stock arms, since i already have some negative camber from lowering the car?

I definetly want to focus on the front suspension to tighten everything up and i like the heim joint setup vs bushings for that direct feel and quicker respone, but will it affect noise levels much?

I want to give my alignment guy as much to play with as possible so he can really dial the car in.

I was hoping to stay away from camber plates because of the noise and having to cut and weld them in, not looking foreward to that

also, my car has some blue lowering springs in it, i dont know what they car since they came with the car when i bought it.

I ordered tokiko illumina shocks already, should i keep the springs and stiffen them up with the shocks? The car sits perfect heightwise, it looks great and just has a perfect stance with my big wheels/tires, but i dont know if it will be stiff enough

Seems like you haven't looked very hard for info on this stuff. You're asking some questions that several of my own posts have dealt with recently. I'm working on some rear control arm modifications and the thread has come up within the last 2 or 3 days. It's got tons of info on putting heims joints into the rear control arms and also has a link to another thread about making the rear toe adjustable. The most comprehensive thread on struts is one of the stickies in the suspenion forum called "calling all racers" You need to search, and you need to read.

What about the rear' date=' i dont think i can justify spending $600 on a tubular control arm to be able to adjust camber and toe, what are my options for the rear for toe? Or should i just do bushings and keep the stock arms, since i already have some negative camber from lowering the car?

[/quote']

You can use eccentric bushings. That's what I have in the rear and am happy with them for what they are.