HybridZ

I made a grill..

wigenOut-S30

Well I made a 432 style grill. This is the first time I picked up a welder. The frame is welded mild steel. the mesh is aluminum and had to be bolted to the frame. I am looking for steel mesh so it can be welded to the frame. The steel I found so far like at home depot or lowes just isnt long enough. Tell me what ya think.. I know the pics are kinda dark but it is really cloudy today..

DSC00017.JPG

DSC00013.JPG

DSC00015.JPG

Did you get the mesh from home depot (gutter cleaner mesh)? lol, I bought some to do the same thing, same problem I came across, doesn't quite fit. you go to the vent section of home depot, you can find bigger pieces that you can cut to fit better.

Did you get the mesh from home depot (gutter cleaner mesh)? lol, I bought some to do the same thing, same problem I came across, doesn't quite fit. you go to the vent section of home depot, you can find bigger pieces that you can cut to fit better.

Actually I was looking for the same thing at homedepot and lowes. I found the same problem. Actually I got it from my next door neighbor. He just gave it to me. The problem is that it is aluminum instead of steel so I had to bolt it to the frame. If anyone knows where to get steel mesh that is long enough please speak up.

also look at the metal working section of home depot or lowes. They have sheets for home radiator covers.I think having it mounted in a frame is better, though suggest using narrower pieces and having it line up right with the hood and bumper