HybridZ

Easiest way to remove flange bolt???

Poundz9oh9

Need some Uber quick help!!!!

It's crunch time and the only thing holding me up from gettting the car back on the road is the front flange bolt on my R200. I cannot break that sucker loose. I removed the flange from a spare diff. I had laying around without a problem, but the one on the LSD...... now that's a different story. Am, I missing something? I soaked it in liquid wrench, beat on a 1/2" drive long handled breaker bar. I guess my next step would be what??? An impact wrench? I tried on that sucker for amost an hour last night and had to give up..... Any suggestions???

Impact wrench is good. Long ass cheater bar you can STAND on works too.

Put two bolts in the pinion flange, wedge a long piece of steel, fence post or pipe between them then stand on it to keep the flange from turning. Use the breaker bar with a 6' piece of pipe as an extention. Put the socket on the nut so the cheater bar is a foot of the ground then stand on it.

Something will give, guarenteed.

• Administrators
I cannot break that sucker loose. I removed the flange from a spare diff...... Any suggestions???

Hi,

In my experience, this is not a recommended thing to do... There's a crush sleave setting up the tolerances. Removal and/or re-installation is a gamble. I've done it once successfully (I think). Others ended up with a howl.

HTH

Hi' date='

In my experience, this is not a recommended thing to do... There's a crush sleave setting up the tolerances. Removal and/or re-installation is a gamble. I've done it once successfully (I think). Others ended up with a howl.

HTH[/quote']

Well, the dif is in the car and I got the nut loose with an impact wrench. Took about 10 seconds.

I HAVE to swap this flange out so it'll bolt up to my drive shaft. The one on the LSD is larger than the standard r200, so ......... Hopefully I can do it without the howl.

On a side note. Now the flange itself is being a MOTHER$&^$%&^!!!

Wish me luck.

Hi' date='

HTH[/quote']

There a posts on this subject that beg to differ. The last time I saw this brought up, it was said there is not a crush sleve in the R200.... :icon5:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=106340&highlight=crush+sleeve

• Administrators
There a posts on this subject that beg to differ. The last time I saw this brought up' date=' it was said there is not a crush sleve in the R200.... :icon5:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=106340&highlight=crush+sleeve[/quote']

Hi,

I read your link... and then had to dig out the FSM... It sure appears that you are correct :-) Thanks for the heads-up.