HybridZ

Finnaly Got A New Compressor

Some-Guy

Just went to buy this

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000FJN1UM/qid=1155603087/ref=sr_1_0/103-1239794-5079029?ie=UTF8&searsBrand=core&mqnodeid=APS

They didnt have one in stock so ill be picking it up friday and letting ya guys know how it works...

its not super fast ( SCFM** at 90 psi* - 5.1 ) but it should do the trick for most of the work ill be doing on the Z.

And to get it all I had to do was get married lol ohh and then buy a 450$ kitchen aid mixer...........and new pots pans... glass's knives, and a new bed set...............

I don't know if you can do a 220 volt compressor but, if you can this seems like it a much better deal.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=134819-48540-K7060HFV&lpage=none

No dought others will also chime in here.

Just something to think about. You'll be surprised how much you'll do with you're compressor once you get it and have some air tools.

I would gladly have shelled out an extra ~$100 for this one over the one you have - I made the mistake of getting one like that one 7 years ago, 4 years ago I bit the bullet and bought a HD Husky 60 gal compressor for $425 - 10%.

Ran a 220 volt circuit in the basement (where compressor is) to attached garage, shared by compressor and welder (I can't use 'em both at the same time obviously, but then it takes two hands to work with either one so no big deal).

I varely hear the compressor in the garage.

The big thing I didn't like about the oilless compressor was noise - twice as loud as the bigger compressor.

Now I only use it when sandblasting or using sanders/tools with a big CFM requirement - I have it tee'd into the system with quick disconnects.

Have HVLP paint guns so don't need to use with them....

I have the compressor Cody linked,

Its not a super duper name brand dealy but I have beat the living crap out of it for about a year and a half now, maybe a little more and it hasnt skipped a beat. I've run everything from my Iwata to a plethora of random air tools and I've never had an issue. Its not real crazy loud, smooth, fills up quickly, seems to be a high quality unit.

hmm maybe ill take this one back then...its actualy pretty quit I can talk on the phone with it running beside me

I Personally have never heard an oilless compressor that is as quite as the regular kind. I had an oilless for about 10 years and it was way louder than the one I have now. Trust me there is a night and day differnece between the two.