HybridZ

What would you like to see in a new S30 body kit? Brainstorming time!

OlderThanMe

I vote for the Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing. It's highly recognizable, very rare, extremely desirable, totally unaffordable... it's an excellent candidate. It would be terrific if it had functional gullwings too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I should have another idea coming in the next day or two...

The one with the viper type roof was for giggles...not really much practicality with putting that roof on a Z...I agree that a rear bumper would look good on the rear of that sketch.

It is sort of missing something though...

I am seriously thinking of doing a true widebody on my Z and not just wider fenders like the scarab body kit. I am thinking 2" wider on each side and I'll reskin the doors and fenders. Thus not increasing weight by TOO much. I am going for weight reduction and all. I just think that a slight widebody of 2" on a Z would make it look lower and make the roof not look as tall as it is by widening the whole thing. I'll probably take some 1/4" steel roundbar pieces exactly 2" wide with a pencil-like point at one end to place the panels and once they are welded on cut out everything underneath. The front fenders will be easy to do since they can be removed and the doors will be harder. The rears will be pretty hard though as I will be moving the taillights outboard as well. I need to get my hands on some 240Z taillights though since I don't want to use my 280Z style taillights that are in perfect condition (read: somebody buy them from me for $100!).