HybridZ

What would you like to see in a new S30 body kit? Brainstorming time!

OlderThanMe

Yeah I like those too. I think I like all of the body panel kits. Just not the G-Nose itself. I just thought the Subtle-Z kit looked the most streetable, (I guess you could say).

P.S.: LOL, I like those mud flaps!

What ever floats your boat Im fine with and Im all for making a car look nice but at some point its just to far. You dont have a Z any more. If you want something that looks one way buy a car closer to what you want . I like early bumpers on 280z's or a small body kit (MSA III is just is at the border) but puting huge wings or outrageous flares on street cars is out of the picture for me. Personally I think you should compliment not change the cars body lines. But like I said whatever floats your guys boats, and Im just glad people are involved in theyre car at all.

Allready have molds for this one........

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=6310&cat=500&ppuser=8086

Douglas

WOW i don't know if you guys have chked this out or not but man this is TIGHT its like zrossa took driftnz's schetches put his own twist on it and made it a reality i am in love i freakin' love that front end and hood

What ever floats your boat Im fine with and Im all for making a car look nice but at some point its just to far. You dont have a Z any more. If you want something that looks one way buy a car closer to what you want . I like early bumpers on 280z's or a small body kit (MSA III is just is at the border) but puting huge wings or outrageous flares on street cars is out of the picture for me. Personally I think you should compliment not change the cars body lines. But like I said whatever floats your guys boats, and Im just glad people are involved in theyre car at all.

I'm with you 90% of the way, but I do like the MSA Type III kit. I think it modernizes the car without destroying the beautiful lines of a Z.

Zfury: I think everyone likes the YZ kit but most people can't afford all the pieces that go with it.

mopar69: I'm not trying to divide the HybridZ community into bodykit and non bodykit people. All of these sketches can be toned down. Maybe I'll do one with stock fenders and just work on an air dam and skirts.

I personally believe that no rear skirt should be used because the part of your car that gets sen the most is the rear end and it should be clean and smooth. I have had the idea of extending the rear pan down 3 more inches to cover the stock gas tank for asthetics.

Wingnutthehutt: Cool! glad to have you on board! can't wait to see yourt ideas!

DrEaM: Yes that is a great looking front end and I like it a LOT!

Boobala: I agree that a mostly stock Z body with an air dam can look great. This is HybridZ though. We are not all purists. What would you like to see in a kit? Maybe some stock looking flares but extra tire coverage? Imagine the flares on "La Belle" except much smaller.

SANY0006.JPG

SANY0003.JPG

Douglas

WOW i don't know if you guys have chked this out or not but man this is TIGHT its like zrossa took driftnz's schetches put his own twist on it and made it a reality i am in love i freakin' love that front end and hood

I think this front is very clean looking. If headlight covers would fit that is the front I would go with. Then YZ rear quater panels and you would have a beatiful sports car.

Justin

posted by otm: except no rainbow coloration for mine... :-P

The coloring is a little weak, I admit, but have you guys ever SEEN a group B car?

rally1-sm.jpg

CitroenBX.jpgS4-1.jpg

ascona400.jpgmetro1.jpgrenault5-1.jpg

lancia037b.jpgtoyota.jpgThose pics are from: http://www.stormloader.com/groupb. Nice history of the class there. I was actually looking more at the Lancia Stratos which predates group B by a few years, but is still hard as hell:lancia_stratos_05_600.jpg

Thanks Guys!

Been working on this for a long time now. At least three years. I Have 10.5 inch wide Cobra r wheels for the back so the rear will get "pumped" soon which will get it looking flared with out losing the factory lines to much.

The front is about 1.5 inchs longer then normal so normal and g nose covers wont fit. Picking up the engine on Friday after being in the shop for two years. Should be making just over 500 hp at the crank. Body has been 75% block sanded so not far to go. I have a 75 acre vineyard and olive grove that i do all the work on myself. Just been physically exhuasted at the end of the day so progress has been slow.

Douglas

I always liked the Ford RS200 rally car. The engine had a lifespan of like 12 hours from what I heard. I think it was top gear that said that. I was thinking of implementing an RS200 hood scoop onto a Z hood infront of the "power bulge". I have Rallisport challenge for the Xbox and it has a bunch of group B cars...insanely fast and horrible handling for the most part. Fun to drift through the mud though.

ford_rs_200.jpg

rs200-sm.jpg

Hey ZROSSA would you mind me using your front end in a sketch? it is your idea though. I would not use it for anything other than here on this thread.

The front is about 1.5 inchs longer then normal

Perfect. The car doesn't need 6" sticking out from the front of the car to make it look 'transformed' into something unique. I personally don't hate the G-nose' date=' but I can take it or leave it. I think 1 or 2 inches in a 'nose' is perfect.

Picking up the engine on Friday after being in the shop for two years. Should be making just over 500 hp at the crank.

Cripes!

I have a 75 acre vineyard and olive grove that i do all the work on myself.

Douglas

Wow. Do you grow for the major Australian vintners or just NZ? Any brands I might know? The wines from your part of the world have really come into their own and becoming quite popular in the US, even on the coast where there is prime wine country.

If I'm ever in NZ, I'll have to look you up! :D

Davy

OTM, Go for it. Glad you like it.

Davy, We grow for a couple of the local wineries that we think will do well and are promoting our area. I have been going back to university over the last 3 years part time to get a wine science degree so that we can make our own wine in the near future. New zealand will never be able to make cheep bulk wine like Aussie and California. High quality is where its at for us. Unfortunatly the US distribution laws are a nightmare so I dont think you will see us over your way. We will probably only be doing about 1000 cases a year and only when we can produce a exceptional product. Everything wil be hand crafted, small batchs with minimum intervention.

CHEERS! Douglas

I think the look of this car is sweet:

PictureinScrap.jpg

japz2.jpg

japz3.jpg

I don't like the huge rear wing though. Also it would be nicer is there were less holes, just in general. But the overall look of it is nice. Im a big fan of widebodies and I think this examples shows a neat way to make the Z modern with out ruining the lines.

That is the Monza Z...that is what my huge rally car is similar to.

Veritech: I like where that exhaust comes out...it seems that the rear pan is always deleted for a rally car. Now I need a rally Z project one day...Maybe I'll put my L26ET in it when I get my new motor going...

I was looking at more Japanese Z sites and found this one. It has a properly done G-nose and ZGs...Something could have been done to cover the front of the front tires a little more though. I don't like tires sticking out in the middle when covored on the top and on the bottom. Looks a little off.

m29650086.jpg