HybridZ

Snakes on a plane was freakin great!

Forrest

Yes, I was a little suprised as some of you may be. I thought I knew what to expect, but I was wrong, because I didn't think they could do it so well.

It was extremely well played. The parody scenes were not too over the top, the lines were not too ridiculous. It was hilarious and it was ridiculously violent.

It's the most value I've gotten for my money in a long long long time. I'm really impressed, I wasn't disappointed, I am not sure they could have done a better job.

SNAKES ON A MOTHERF'IN' PLANE!

Wait, so is it a comedy or a spoof movie or something? I mean, with a name like "Snakes On A Plane" I figured it might have been.

I'll probably rent it. $9 is too much for something I'm not really sure about seeing.

Now CLERKS II I'll go pay to see again!!!!

It's very subtle. It's supposed to make fun of campy horror movies with all their cliche nudity for no reason leading death scenes and silly one-liners and "touching heart-warming scenes" and obvious product placement and ridiculous violence. So of course I thought they'd overdo it and it would just be silly.

I was wrong! They did it very very well. Some of the horror scenes were really intense. I think everyone in the theater knew what to expect ahead of time, (they were in on the humor) so it was a very enjoyable experience. Everyone loved it!

Do you ever wonder if movie companies may perhapse hire a few shills to spread the merits of a really really sad crappy movie on a few well traveled forums? Just a question, I haven't seen the movie, probably won't, didn't like Screem, nor Speed, or any other supposed blockbusters that turned out to be "B" movies with really high tech special effects, bad acting and stupid premises, not that either of these movies above mentioned did. I'm just asking.

Now if the supposed shil would perhapse "flame" said nay sayer, would that only stand to reinforce the question? And after saying that, if the supposed shil were to make a non-critical comment of the nay-sayer, would that only implicate him/her from hiding from the issue? And if no comment is made after those two statements, then would that not cause someone to wonder if it isn't trut that said nay sayer was correct? Just a question.

From the makers of snakes on a plane comes this thriller!

from%20the%20makers%20of%20snakes%20on%20a%20plane.jpg

The trailers for snakes on a plane featured some of the worst looking cgi since Han Solo stepped on Jabba the Hutt's tail...that alone makes me not want to spend the bucks. I'll probably wait until Blockbuster Video is just giving it away on DVD like they did with Anacondas: Curse of the Blood Orchid.

I can't wait for THIS to come out:

Do you ever wonder if movie companies may perhapse hire a few shills to spread the merits of a really really sad crappy movie on a few well traveled forums? Just a question' date=' I haven't seen the movie, probably won't, didn't like Screem, nor Speed, or any other supposed blockbusters that turned out to be "B" movies with really high tech special effects, bad acting and stupid premises, not that either of these movies above mentioned did. I'm just asking.

From the makers of snakes on a plane comes this thriller!

[img']http://www.subterrane.com/example/from%20the%20makers%20of%20snakes%20on%20a%20plane.jpg[/img]

Man, you missed the whole point of the movie. It was written FOR YOU. You think I liked any of those movies you mentioned? I'm really really picky when it comes to movies and I absolutely hate that crap.

Snakes on a Plane was specifically written to make fun of the B horror movies with bad special effects. Come on yourself! Didn't you get the joke from the title??

The whole point of my post was that, knowing that, I still didn't expect them to do a very good job. BUT THEY DID. The movie was awesome! They played this entire thing exactly right.

If you don't go see it, you're screwing yourself out of an incredible time. Especially on opening weekend. Because this weekend the theater will be full of people that DO get it.

Edit - why would think that trailer is funny and not the real movie? What do you think they're doing in the real movie! EXACTLY THAT! They are the ones that came up with this idea in the first place. All the people who made the spoof trailers are people laughing WITH them, not at them. Join us!

Man' date=' you missed the whole point of the movie. It was written FOR YOU. You think I liked any of those movies you mentioned? I'm really really picky when it comes to movies and I absolutely hate that crap.

Snakes on a Plane was specifically written to make fun of the B horror movies with bad special effects. Come on yourself! Didn't you get the joke from the title??

The whole point of my post was that, knowing that, I still didn't expect them to do a very good job. BUT THEY DID. The movie was awesome! They played this entire thing exactly right.

If you don't go see it, you're screwing yourself out of an incredible time. Especially on opening weekend. Because this weekend the theater will be full of people that DO get it.

Edit - why would think that trailer is funny and not the real movie? What do you think they're doing in the real movie! EXACTLY THAT! They are the ones that came up with this idea in the first place. All the people who made the spoof trailers are people laughing WITH them, not at them. Join us![/quote']

Don't you worry, I'll be screwing something this weekend, not myself and not while watching this movie.

**and if you guessed (A) "The Shill will flame me" you're correct, just say "I'm an assclown" to the ticketoffice clerk when ordering your tickets to see "Snakes on a Plane" and get a free set of tickets.

BTW you just flamed me for inferrences which specifically goated you to assume I was even talking about you or the movie, which I did not actually do. Reading comprehension is difficuelt even for the best of us.

Thanks for playing. :emo: Have a great weekend.

I didn't flame you, so don't be a jerk. I was just trying to share my enthusiasm about a movie I assume pretty much everyone who reads any internet forums has heard about. I was sharing it with people on the only forum I read on a daily basis, who I consider in most part to be my peers and friends.

Thanks for playing? Thanks for namecalling. Thanks for turning a lighthearted post into an argument. Two thumbs up, buddy.

On a lighter note, I laughed for like an hour when I went to Blockbuster and saw that "Snakes on a Train" is in fact a real movie...it was made by the same people that brought us "The Davinci Treasure." Genius.

And Forrest, your review almost got me into the theater today to see SOAP, but the wife was not into it. I trust the opinions of Hybridzers for the most part when it comes to stuff like that. I'm sure if I don't catch it now, I'll see it on DVD.