HybridZ

Need Help Gang! My T57/TO4 Turbo Does Not Fit..Pics

slownrusty

I know this sounds like a funny Title...but my T57/T04 Turbo does not fit...sob...the compressor housing is so large in O.D that it is hitting the steering linkage....can anyone make any recommendations, in terms of what I can do to this turbo or select a new that will fit. I wanted a T3/T4 hybrid, but may have to settle for a T3 that can handle 400whp...please help guys!

Here are the pics of this morning's mock-up:

179272217.jpg

179272221.jpg

The white arrow shows where the bottom of the compressor housing is just resting on the steering linkage.

179272223.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Yasin

You might try moving the exhaust T 4 flange back enough to clear the steering.It looks like you have quite a bit of work into the manifold, but a stock ported manifold with a T3/T4 adaptor should work without clearance issues.I`m not sure about the dimesions of your clearance issue a T3 flange is smaller than a T4(I know I am stating the obvious) and "might" solve your clearance issues as well. I will post a pic of my T67 T3 .84 housing with P trim wheel as an example.The length of the T3 flange on my .84 housing is 68mm from top to bottom.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sss510six/detail?.dir=63ef&.dnm=8ffe.jpg&.src=ph

A pic of a ceramic coated and ported stock manifold.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sss510six/detail?.dir=63ef&.dnm=d264scd.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sss510six/detail?.dir=63ef&.dnm=e38bscd.jpg&.src=ph

otherwise.. RHD conversion time.. *cough*

fixed.

I'm going to have to say an elbow of some form that angles the turbo up and out more, but then you need to worry about turbo and intake contact.(what prox said basically) Grinding probably won't give enough clearance and you'll end up hearing a death rattle when the car is moving.

Guys - I am not about to cut up that manifold...and move the turbo flange back, I have waaay too much $$ and time into it plus I need some space for my TiAL wastegate to be mounted.

I will see if I add yet another 1/2" steel spacer on the turbo manifold flange if that might solve my issue at this point, I'll try anything! Hopefully that does not bring the turbo too close to the strut tower and hence no room for my IC piping.

If you notice in my pics I have already welded a 1/2" steel spacer on the turbo flange.

We'll see....more trial fitting. Any more ideas?

Yasin

It looks like just the outlet is in the way. Can the compressor housing be clocked down a little more or would it still hit? I have my outlet pointed straight down as it's the only way I could plumb it.

I would use one or two spacers to get it out there. You can shim up the driver side motor mount to clear the steering shaft.

I would use one or two spacers to get it out there. You can shim up the

driver side motor mount to clear the steering shaft.

Clifton - I think you just nailed it, I never thought about shiming up the driver side motor mount for more clearance....that will probably do it (plus another spacer on the turbo flange on the manifold)

Thanks - I will let you know guys know.

Regards - Yasin