HybridZ

Ultimate cutaway....Wire Z

v8wannabe2

Here's an update, almost fininshed the NOS and the fuel cell. I carved up some 3/4 round rod in the lathe and welded a small nut on top for the handles, coat hangers for the lines (couldn't resist flaming the tanks). On left side of the last pic is a sneak preview of the steering wheel. Enjoy

Wire_Z_Aug_06_012.jpg

Wire_Z_Aug_06_008.jpg

Wire_Z_Aug_06_001.jpg

Wire_Z_Aug_06_014.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the latest update. I finished up the exhaust pipes, mounted the fuel cell, finished the steering wheel added gas/brake/clutch pedals. That yellow thing is the Optima battery. Car measures 28" L X 12" W. The paint took a beating, so it looks like I'll be doing that again, may change the color.

wire_z_sept_06_002.jpg

wire_z_sept_06_001.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

man, that wire z is turning out NICE

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2006/10/13/mystery-beetle-identified/

i looked up that wire bug, and found this one.

I think a VW is one of the only cars you can do that too, since the body really only holds the lights, fuel tank, gauges, and support for the steering column. you can (in theory) drive the pan around, with seats and all.

• 3 weeks later...

i saw your eagle and it reminded me of this that i saw a while ago, i really like art like this. its from a guy that runs a paintball web comic that you pretty much have to play to understand. i have waaayyyy to much invested in my paintball gear (I'm a little bit of an adreline junkie.) but anyways here is my favorite veiw of it.

rage08.jpg

you can find the rest of his pictures of it at

http://www.docsmachine.com/rage/index.html

at the bottom he has a explanation of what it took to make it. it's pretty impressive, i have a lot of respect for people that can do this kind of stuff.