HybridZ

Looking for DASH CAP pictures...

Z-Noob

I am looking to either buy a ligthly cracked 240z dash or intalling a dash cap on my dash. To make my decision I am just looking for pictures of dash caps installed. The more detailed, the better. Hopefully with pictures I can make my decision more quickly. Thanks

Here are 2 pictures of my full cap. to tell you the truth you realy can't tell it's a cap. For a perfect fit Follow the directions to the "'T". only apply the silicone on the perimitor of the dash. store the cap in a cool place, if you hold on to it for longer than a month. The dash cap shrunk a bit in the heat in the back of my pickup truck. Oh and one more thing ,I would suggest to remove the gauges ,heater/ radio pod and the windshield/ defroster vent cover so you can get the cap to fit snuggly on the dash. and a couple of well placed black screws to hold it in place while the silicone sets. I hope that helps.:burnout:

dash-full-view_thumb.jpg

dash-view-closeup_thumb.jpg

Here are 2 pictures of my full cap. to tell you the truth you realy can't tell it's a cap. For a perfect fit Follow the directions to the "'T".

This is also how well my dash cap turned out on my 260Z when I had it. I didn't remove the dash completely, but rather unbolted it from the chassis and brought it backward a few inches. I also followed the instructions to the letter and had a great result. You can't tell if it is a cap when it is installed correctly.

Davy

Fastzcars and DavyZ, are all the caps out there the same? Fast, your dash looks perfect. Where did you buy it? If my 240 dash ends up looking like that, I'll be ecstatic. It came with a terrible looking half-cap. I thought they all went bad in the sun. Thanks for the tips.

Fastzcars and DavyZ, are all the caps out there the same? ...If my 240 dash ends up looking like that, I'll be ecstatic. It came with a terrible looking half-cap. I thought they all went bad in the sun. Thanks for the tips.

I bought mine from *gasp* MSA. It was great looking from the get go and looked great even after a few years. I sold the car a few years later so I'm not sure how it is now, but I suspect it still looks good. Remember: full dash cap.

Davy