HybridZ

More ALMS pics!

Moridin

is it just me or does anyone else really want airjacks in their car.

Not as hard as you think they might be to do. Just a bit expensive and you have to have a Nitrogen tank to run them, because I doubt most air compressors can hit 380psi in tank pressure.

I want them on every car at my house. How sweet would it be to do any work? No more jacking the car manually and if you did you would never have to worry about it being too low ever again to get the jack under. The best part is that you simply slip safety stands on the airjacks themselves. No more super heavy stands either.

That blue Porsche looks like its seen a wreck or two... check out the door gaps.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

The doors are carbon fiber with quick release hinges that are hard to line up right and Porsche carbon fiber parts are not a perfect fit all the time. They sag a bit. Same on the Flying Lizard cars. You can actually see where the door tags the body every once and a while upon closing it. I wouldn't be suprised if that blue car has stress cracks in the chassis if its more than a year old though.

does anyone know what the three LED clusters right in front of the rear wheels are for?

Driver identifaction. When you do a driver change, the driver is supposed to switch to their in car I.D. Lets timing and scoring know what's going on. If the wireless part doesn't work, you can tell by what light(s) are on who's driving the car.

I'm also pretty sure that the color is the same as the headlights, which designates the different classes. I know the P1 cars are white...after that, I'm not sure.

does anyone know what the three LED clusters right in front of the rear wheels are for?
It lets the viewer know the racing position of the car.

3 lights on = 1st in class

2 lights on = 2nd in class

1 light on = 3rd in class

At least that's what Speed Channel said earlier in the season. Don't know what the significance of the color is.