HybridZ

rb25det vs. rb26dett want info on comparison

truckin

ok have read every thread i can find on rb swaps but have not found the difference between the two, or read it and forgot i read it cuz was talking about something else in that thread

so point me toward some info on the differences in the two ie number, performance, and maybe parts availability type stuff

i know the 26 is a chunk of change more but i can spend it if its really worth it

dont flame me

ok. despite the huge urge to flame....

rb26dett is a detuned race motor with 2.6 liter displacement and twin turbos mated to an AWD transmission, "rated" at 276hp

rb25det is single turbo 2.5 liter with 250hp mated to a rwd transmission.

Parts availability: None of these cars were sold through dealers in the US, so parts availability sucks

for the money which would be the better choice

which has the better upside

have sourced a few places to get a 25 fornt clip

alot of the basic questions i will not have to deal with cuz have a shop to do swap for me like wiring and electronics i just need to provide the bulk of the parts and they will do the work including cv's custom tranny mounts drive shaft dyno tune ect.

im a trucker im never home to do it myself

Thats the smartest move, buy a rb25det front cut. It'll save you alot of head ache down the road.

Watch out for buying the motorset by itself. I've heard alot of the shisters selling them try to pull one over on you by giving a rb20 trans, instead of the proper rb25det box....

The rb26 is prolly the best as far as getting aftermarket parts for it. I'm sure the 25 has alot of parts avail to, but most state side parts sellers I find, keep more 26 stuff than for the 25.

I think you need to make a goal for youre self as far as how much power you want to make on the certain motor that you will pick. If you are planning on making over 500 hp then go rb26 if you just wana show of youre z and power isnt that big of an issue, istead get an RB25. I am in the process of getting RB26 for mine the price diffrence is a bit higher since everyone is looking for an R33 RB26 motor, and the real $$$ diffrence in between 25 and 26 is the Greddy plenum that you have to get for the 25 which is like $750. Because that stock intake manifold just dont cut it for me. On the other hand RB26 will require alot of custom work to get it to work and the RB25 allmost everything is a bolt in swap. So go figure... Personally in my opinion if you got the $$$ go with the RB26 because in long run the money that you will spend on the 26 will be well worth...

Just like Stony said "here is my 0.02 cents"

just sourced a rb26dett with rb25det tranny all looms manifolds sencors and ecu's for 4200 at www.jazzproparts.com but it doesnt say what r- it is??

i can get this pick up and delivered to me for free so might be a plus

anybody ever purchased form them

Called these guys last week, they had no stock whats so ever on the RB's. And there is acouple of threads here in the forum that have feedback about this place and others. One guys ordered an R34 RB26 motor with 6speed tranny from those guys, he said that they werent that helpful wouldnt go check on the motor and etc. So when he got it, guess what it was an R32 with 5speed and they wouldnt give him a price break on it.

If you looking for a decent swap start considering around $5000 for full front clip and thats without the tranny....realisticly speaking, since most of us still dreaming!!!:icon7:

I visited Jazzproparts shortly after a thread came out earlier this year. Although they are not as large as some of the other JDM suppliers in Dallas, they are the only ones carrying Nissans RB engines. They also had an assortment of SR engines along with numerous Toyota and Honda motors. From what I saw their motors were very clean and undamaged. Most still had their trannys bolted up and were secured on wooden pallets. I was told that they rec a container of motors monthly. It was also explained to me that they were more interested in volumn, that is why their prices were so much cheaper. I can only assume that your inquiry might have come between shippments. That could explain their short supply.

For what it is worth, I am planning on buying two RB 25 DETT's from them in the near future.

I got my rb25det motor set from venus auto in california for just under $2700 shipped. Found out wiring harness has been cut but other then that it was a clean motor. They have a one month warranty so if your planning on taking longer to get it running then dont buy from them. Its one month or nothing. good luck