HybridZ

Lamborghini-Like Z?

Royal Flush

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOFFF, I used to like the Statos but that is as hideous as the wheels on the Muiria.

I do like the Muiria though, I think if you put a better set of wheels on it, it would be a very nice looking car, and as someone said, a nice idea for a kit.

What the hell is wrong with poeple, lol. Those wheels are hideous, though the car is looking pretty sharp. I agree as to it not looking finished though, it needs something.. I couldnt say what, but I'm not a designer!

The Stratos.. Yeah. So, hum.. Ok, ok, Heres what we do, we find the guy(s)/gal(s) that designed it right, and we say "Wow, awsome car! Let me take you out to eat to thank you for such a fine vehicle!" So, since its likley that since they released that monstrosity, they have been unemployed and unable to find employment, they'll need to eat, so they'll agree without a fuss.

Then, and heres the kicker, instead of taking them out to eat, we take em to the post office right, and then we mail them somewhere. I dunno where, the middle of the atlantic ocean maybe.. Mars? Whatever is cheap on postage really.

What the hell is wrong with poeple' date=' lol. Those wheels are hideous, though the car is looking pretty sharp. I agree as to it not looking finished though, it needs something.. I couldnt say what, but I'm not a designer!

The Stratos.. Yeah. So, hum.. Ok, ok, Heres what we do, we find the guy(s)/gal(s) that designed it right, and we say "Wow, awsome car! Let me take you out to eat to thank you for such a fine vehicle!" So, since its likley that since they released that monstrosity, they have been unemployed and unable to find employment, they'll need to eat, so they'll agree without a fuss.

Then, and heres the kicker, instead of taking them out to eat, we take em to the post office right, and then we mail them somewhere. I dunno where, the middle of the atlantic ocean maybe.. Mars? Whatever is cheap on postage really.[/quote']

a rear window like the z would complete the look maybe

I have never liked Lamborginis but this doesnt look that bad... kinda looks like a GT.

The stratos is UGLY, UGLY, UGLY. Theyd have been better to make the old ones again. Unchanged.

Anyone have a guess when Nissan will redo the 350z, If they do I bet itll be a retro Mustang-like recreation of the first generation Z's. Theyll either really blow it or itll look sick. Just my guess.

Haaa... I have been looking forward to another ORIGINAL Z recreation since they announced the 350Z...

The 350Z is a carbon copy of the 280ZX if you ask me... Fat, ugly, overweight, and de-tuned to "old man" and "Fiero Girl" standards.... not even close to a sports car... in fact.. the all pourpose chassis the 350Z shares with it's Luxury car twin really drove the last nail in it's coffin for me... There is no way I would be caught dead in such a posure car like a 350Z...

In fact... the day I buy a 350Z is the day I wear a white suit with Reeboks, spiked hair and start putting rainbow stickers on the rear window...

If Nissan wanted to make another car like the 240Z they need to take a close look at the Lotus Exige and beat it for less money...

Speaking of looking at other companies, what was Toyota THINKING when they just gave that entire segment to the 350z without even trying?

I think what bothers me the most is the clever new rebadging of the z as a skyline. I don't believe those two cars ever really shared platforms like that, and I don't think they look different enough to justify two different models (much like the current generation Maxima and Altima). I test drove a 350z, and my wife probably would have bought one if it had more trunk space. I like the ride, I'm not completely down on it. I also think it's got potential to be more than what it is off the showroom floor (a trait that the prior z-cars all exhibited). Am I going to buy one? Probably not, but I'm not going to hate on someone that does either.

I would say the 240sx was probably a lot closer in concept to the original z (accessable performance for joe everyman-not too much money, and not too much car either, but the potential was there) than most subsequent models that actually carried the Z badge. There is a market for entry level RWD sports cars, and there is a huge void that is waiting to be filled by an actual sports coupe (why are the miata and the solstice/sky-the only options in this category-all roadsters?). A back to basics 240z would be a great entry into that market. Not too complicated, normal sized wheel and tire package, not too hard on the wallet. That's all I ask...

I just don't understand why Nissan keeps making pony cars... the market has been saturated with them since before the Z car line ever came to the USA...

It seems to me that they built a REAL SPORTS CAR with the 1970-78 S-30 models... with fantastic success...

and then they started trying to take the Pony car Mustang/Camaro market share with later models...

WTF... Rednecks don't buy Japaneese cars.. it is as simple as that.. why on Earth did they waste their time...

The Z line sank immeadiately into boring humdrum with the introduction of the first ZX... I keep reminding people in my club that "ZX" is NOT A Z... and the 350Z is the fattest queen of the Japonyes "ZX"s...

I just cannot respect a $30,000 sports car that MY street prepared Datsun 240Z can lap twice in a 30 minute session... even with all that "Nismo" ching bling every 350Z owner sticks on...

And to put the icing on the cake... Our local club has had 3 devastating engine failures on 3 different mid1990s Turbo 300ZXs on track... those things SUCK BALLS... I can see them as ricer drag queen racers... sure guys say they are gettgin 400HP on the dyno... but that is good for all of 10 seconds... try running one on track... even at stock boost... they literally FALL APART... er... BLOW APART... That has to be the heaviest piece of crap Nissan ever squeezed out of it's bunghole and tried to polish up as a "sports car"...

GET WITH THE PROGRAM NISSAN!!!! make another god damn SPORTS CAR... and quit insulting me with these damn pony cars...

Ford is dying quickly.. the Mustang is doomed along with Ford...

GM can't give cars away anymore... The Camerror/Trandamn are getting ready to be history along with EVERY DAMN PASSENGER car GM makes... hell they just rebadge Japaneese cars for most of them now anyway...

The whole name game Nissan is playing with their models is naive... Someone in marketing has thummed all of the possible "brands" that Nissan owns and put a $$$ value on the names alone... then they looked at the lineup and played "pin the tail on the pony" with nametags...

the thing is... the person who did this thinks Nissan's first sports car was a 240"ZX"... they have only seen pictures of Skylines... and they have never opened the hood of a car they own...

Stupid marketing that is literally INSULTING to those of us who actually give a 4uck about cars... especially the ones we own....

We are literally reaching a point that they are gonna make boxes with 4 wheels... paint one green and call it a "luxury car"... paint one red and call it a "sports car"... paint another grey and call it a "family car"...

Bj, you seem to have some....strong?....feelings about what the z-car should be. For curiosity's sake, run down how you would build your ideal 350z replacement. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I really want to know how you would do it. I would say instead of like "must have a turbo" or stuff like that, what performance figures should it be able to meet off the showroom floor (keep in mind this would be a mass produced car and not a one off dream machine just for you) and for what price? I find that people start to say stuff like "It HAS to have an RB in it" and stuff like that, but for it to be a real production car, I don't think that is nearly as useful as saying "It should make Xhp per pound" or whatever. Anyway, I would like to see it be about the size of a miata, sub-3000lbs (as light as possible, but that seems like a realistic weight cap to me), preferably in the 200-270 hp range (whether that is 4, 6, or whatever cylinders doesn't matter to me too much) with a starting price of $22k-25k. Let all the accessories be optional, that way if I want one with manual windows and no ac, I could have one and not have to strip it down for competition. Anyway, that's what I'd like to see. Anybody else?

Ford is dying quickly.. the Mustang is doomed along with Ford...

GM can't give cars away anymore... The Camerror/Trandamn are getting ready to be history along with EVERY DAMN PASSENGER car GM makes... hell they just rebadge Japaneese cars for most of them now anyway...

Thats a funny statement. First off the Mustang has been kicking strong since 1964 (with the exception of the mustang II days, lol), can we say the same for the Z? As sad as it is, as long as the 16 year old schoolgirls keep buying the stangs they will be one of the hottest selling sportscars in the states, hands down.

The camaro and firebird have been dead since 2002 which was the last year for production. Where the hell have you been? GM has already shown off the new camaro concept in an effort to gauge the publics feeling on it. If its a strong feeling then they will produce it but they have already announced that the firebird/trans am name is dead.

Drop horsepower and displacement...

lighten the drivetrain... R230 diff weighs nearly 50 pounds more than the R160 diff

lighten and simplify the suspension...

mount undercarraige more firmly with fewer parts (subframes)

reduce track width and wheelbase...

use more resins and plastics for bodywork and floor...

use thin guage/ stuctural foam reinforced frame pieces...

reduce bling factor...

That should get them a car in league with the new Lotus Elise and Exige... they could gain some creds by offering a competition version with NO AC, No radio, No power door crap, and an integral (SCCA tech) roll bar with racing harness...

Oddly enough.. Nissan (Datsun) put the final nail in the European sports car imports to the USA... only the biggest European manufacturers were able to survive the introdution of a truly awesome Japanese sports car...

Will Nissan ever wake up and reintroduce a true sports car???

About the domestics... I think GM would reintroduce the "retro" Camaro if they really thought they would survive the next 10 years...

And Ford... this just in... Ford is falling apart... Even if 16y.o. girls were buying Mustangs fast enough to keep Ford in the passenger car market... The MUSTANG has NEVER been a "sports caR" it is the definition of the "Pony car"...

Sports cars are light,... modestly powered, quick, nimble, and BY DEFINITION small, personal cars...

Lets talk about some things that don't belong on a sports car... besides sharing it's chassis with a luxury sedan....

Power windows,

Power locks,

Power mirrors,

Power trunk release,

Heated mirrors

Tilt steering(simple is ok),

rear window wiper,

excess noise insulation,

lighted vanity mirrors,

Homelink crap,

Power seats,

Heated seats,

Oversized stereo system,

Tire pressure monitoring system(WTF lazy bastards), Power steering must make it hard for you noodle armed ninnies to feel a flat...

Illuminated steering wheel-mounted audio controls,

I could see the argument that you can't reach the passenger door from the driver's seat, but if the damn car was not such a big boat you could reach the passenger side window crank.... the same would apply to the passenger side power mirror...

Power seats for a sports car are rediculous... sports cars are personal things.. letting someone else drive your sports car is like sharing your toothbrush... you might do it for your wife... but with some reservation...

I am not dead set on having a 6 cylinder engine... A small inline 6 would be nice to set it apart frmo the Hondas... but whatever they do IT MUST BE LIGHT!!!! Nissan has not made a sports car since 1978...

Ferrari has not made a sports car since the mid 1970s either... they moved into the Supercar market LONG AGO...

I like sports cars... and I have had very little to look at since the 1970s.. in fact the Miata is a total throwback to the Golden Era of sports cars... I owned 2 first gen MR2s.. I don't like them.. .they dont drive very well IMHO... but they ARE SPORTS CARS... I owned a Fiero for a short time.. It too was a sports car but execution was HORRIBLE... I am stuck on front engine rear drive for the rest of my life... I have tried all combinations and I am most at home in the front engine rear drive layout... I owned a C4 Corvette and HATED IT... terrible handling.. SCARY to drive fast...

Nissan made a gamble on the 240Z a long time ago... no one thought the general public wanted a small spartan sports car when they first introduced the S-30.... But Low and behold... it MADE the Japaneese auto industry... Their problem now is that the people who are running Nissan are NOT passionate about cars... and they have made the assumption that Americans are NOT PASSIONATE about cars either...

I want to slap the marketing lady who is putting the Skyline badge on the "general purpose" chassis they call the G35, 350Z, etc... I guarantee she has never seen an engine in real life... and she probably drives a mustang...