HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to much, most of the interior that I dont use, maybe the door glass, Ill have to see what I can use once I get the car. Im starting more and more to want to keep it to experiment with body/metal work. Possibly a "widebody" similar to GJonas's but the front fenders also. Itll be fun just to mess with and not have to care if I screw up.

The first thing I noticed was it has brand new guages. Also has a perfect center console and door panels.

That red 2+2 Z with circle backlights is from Finland and in my garage now. I´m sure it doesn´t look same when it´s ready.:D

Cool! Nice to know there are others willing to strip down a 2+2 for a ground up build. I like your rotisserie better than my improvised setup.

stripped_04.jpg

http://www.fairladyzg.com/bodywork-01.htm

That red 2+2 Z with circle backlights is from Finland and in my garage now. I´m sure it doesn´t look same when it´s ready.:D

IMG_4664.jpg

Yeah that one was "interesting" looking. I thought it had some cool ideas, but I did'nt like the way the rear looked. What was the point of that huge hole in the rear valence?

Yeah that one was "interesting" looking. I thought it had some cool ideas, but I did'nt like the way the rear looked. What was the point of that huge hole in the rear valence?

I don´t know the point, but license plate was there. Here´s some pictures whe i bought that car. Front bumper is in junkyard now and rear end is changing too.

My plan is fast street/track car with 2JZ-GTE engine. Car must be faster than my daily driven.:cool:

Body is almost rust free and you can see it in these high pressure wash pictures. http://toni.dnsf.org/pesu/

buying_z.jpg

buying_z2.jpg

surprise today for my z...i was in the back seat looking into the trunk (i don't have keys to open the hatch yet) so i could measure for a box for a system and i go under the carpet and through a crack into the spare tire well i see the lost exterior vent cover that i was looking for (those vents above the rear windows). so i take the cover to the spare tire area off to get to it and i see bad news....there is water in it that has frozen to ice and the original spare is toast for who knows what reason.

cool part was that i found some jumper cables in there, no idea these cars came with them. also, when i got the wheel out of the ice i found another vent cover in the solid inch of ice.

and on my way back home from working on the car what do i see? a coupe in someone's yard in the winter weather. i think i am going to have to stop by at a later date and see what the story is with the car and possibly pick up another z

surprise today for my z...i was in the back seat looking into the trunk (i don't have keys to open the hatch yet) so i could measure for a box for a system and i go under the carpet and through a crack into the spare tire well i see the lost exterior vent cover that i was looking for (those vents above the rear windows). so i take the cover to the spare tire area off to get to it and i see bad news....there is water in it that has frozen to ice and the original spare is toast for who knows what reason.

cool part was that i found some jumper cables in there, no idea these cars came with them. also, when i got the wheel out of the ice i found another vent cover in the solid inch of ice.

and on my way back home from working on the car what do i see? a coupe in someone's yard in the winter weather. i think i am going to have to stop by at a later date and see what the story is with the car and possibly pick up another z

noob question time:

what vents above the windows? pics?

We didn´t have time to wash everything in my car body. Roof outerside and rear end is still red. We tried to make car transportation in one day both way, and washing the car isn´t fast. It took 6 hours to that condition.

Next week i got other parts.