HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny you talk about driving yours because i had my dad following me last night while i had dealer plates on mine. i was taking it to a shop to have the frame worked on and just as i left my road and pulled on to a major road my ignition system cut out and i was a dead fish in the water

funny you talk about driving yours because i had my dad following me last night while i had dealer plates on mine. i was taking it to a shop to have the frame worked on and just as i left my road and pulled on to a major road my ignition system cut out and i was a dead fish in the water

HA! TOUCHE!

it rather funny that you should mention that, because i started my car with the dealership jumppack and was moving it back and forth with the pack on it lol cause i cant afford a battery yet LOL

good news today guys. i went to a local yard because i thought i saw a wrecked z32. ends up there was not one but i did see a grand am that i wanted the spoiler off of for my other car. i went to the office and then asked if they ever get any datuns.

ends up a few years back he went to pick up some "mercedes" parts and they ended up being datsun parts. he told me they were at the other shop down the road under a trailer. he told me $25 for everything that was there. I ended up getting 2 rear quarter panels for a coupe, front right fender, pair of headlight buckets, bent hood, hatch with broken glass, a rear bumper, 240z front bumper, and a second 240z front bumper in MINT condition, 2 complete sets of tail lights for a 280zx i believe, and one motorized headlight setup for an early 300zx?

and a pair of some odd bucket/scoops that i guess go under a stock front bumper

if only the rear quarters were for a 2+2.....mine are rusted a lil and these puppies are nearly mint.

i am already in the process of putting on a new fender and headlight bucket on the right side

great, so yeah i put a new battery and negative terminal clamp on it........

.....and the car has no power when i turn the key. wtf.

I am not trying to be smart but was this a Question? or just a statement?

Do you have any dash lights gauge movement? etc have you checked the fusible links under the hood?

A bit more detail would help with a diagnosis.

sorry about the random venting post. i ended up goiNg back out in the cold, and found that they sent me a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ junk battery from the parts store, and by junk i mean i tested it with my multimeter and it was pushing .04 DC volts.

got a new battery, tested it before i put it in, i got 12.76v out of it. put it in the car, realized i lost the keys to it.....which doesnt matter cause it starts with a screwdriver.

so yeah i finally drove it around the lot last night, and while i didnt get out of 1st gear, that thing has got some boogie to it for only being rated @ 170hp.....

now i gotta get the lights working and register it.

any suggestions on a vanity plate? my 240sx has MADMAX1.....

135 whp. I was going to say to check if the batteries any good but it sounded kind of dumb.

yeah i figured since the crank rated hp was 170, the whp would be around 130-140ish.

i think its funny how there's a sticker in the engine bay with the crank rated hp on it......:D

With the help of Derek (aka Challenger) I was able to finally post some pics of my '78 280Z 2+2. Still a work in progress. I finally welded up the moulding holes on the body and the rear section below the lights (shaved rear-end). I hope to get it painted next month.

Julius

0903071839a_1_.jpg

0903071839.jpg

With the help of Derek (aka Challenger) I was able to finally post some pics of my '78 280Z 2+2. Still a work in progress. I finally welded up the moulding holes on the body and the rear section below the lights (shaved rear-end). I hope to get it painted next month.

Julius

Hi Julius, looks sweet, what color are you going to use? The present color looks good.

Thanks EvilChuckie. I would like a darker blue like Nissan's "San Marino Blue." I live in CA (smog laws) and since its a '78 I going to keep this my daily driver. I have a '71 rolling chassis that I'm building up that's going to be a screamer.

Julius