HybridZ

want to go racing?

Hey Guy's, This is the Z-car I built. If you go to my web page you will see it in some photo's. My friend Steve and I were in buissiness together and this is the car we built. Had a fallen out and he sold the car. I guess this is the guy who bought it along with the Pace trailer it used to be ours. It is a good car.

We even have some video footage where we out ran him a couple of times. I built this engine, did the body work, paint etc. Installed all the electronics too.

Steve sold it to this guy with the trailer for 15,000.00 about a year ago.

Just for your info.

John

7059195944949.jpg9804445839331.jpg

3987014235036.jpg7520353004966.jpg

I had to register on racing junk to see it' date=' then you just right click, copy url address, post it here. No biggie, even for an 'ol toyota mechanic thats wandering around on the internet racing datsun z's in his spare time.[/quote']

Guest 280ZForce
Hey Guy's' date=' This is the Z-car I built. If you go to my web page you will see it in some photo's. My friend Steve and I were in buissiness together and this is the car we built. Had a fallen out and he sold the car. I guess this is the guy who bought it along with the Pace trailer it used to be ours. It is a good car.

We even have some video footage where we out ran him a couple of times. I built this engine, did the body work, paint etc. Installed all the electronics too.

Steve sold it to this guy with the trailer for 15,000.00 about a year ago.

Just for your info.

John[/quote']

anything look different on it since you built it? what's the 1/4 mile data on it that you remember?

i mean it's kinda funny that he bought it, hasn't done anything else to it and is trying to profit off of it, he's asking more for just the car than he bought the car/trailer for originally.

Yeah he sold the car for 12,000.00 and the Pace trailer for 3,000.00. The valve covers are diffirent, other than that it looks the same.

We really never ran 1/4 mile only 1/8. On motor it ran a best of 6.30 and on the fogger with small jets it ran a 5.70.

1/4 mile times would of been around 9.30's or so.

It is a nice car, i block sanded it smooth as glass before painting it.

John

Well when we did the car, we put alot of money and my time into it. It stayed at my shop and we purchaed the rolling chassis, then I stripped the car completely and redid everything. Only the best for the car. It was my love at the time.

When our partnership was disolved I was supposed to get some money out of the deal for all my time I put in the car but have not seen any. We have become friends again, he towed our Z-car to SEZ#7 and we used his van.

I still rag him time to time on the car. But my efforts have brought alot of side bussiness my way. I wish I had the money way back when to buy the car, I could of bought it for $10,000.00 complete. But is was not the right time for me.

Oh well........ life continues.

John

wow for a car that has so much time put in to make it fast, its equally impressive in the looks department. Nice job . . .
Who knows next year our Z may look just like this one. John has been wanting to fire up the plasma cutter and get started but I like going fast on stock stuff. We have another Z that we have been talking about cutting up, we have all the parts to do another one like the pretty black one ( Steve's Z ). Before Steve sold the car we were going to put the Blown motor in it to see what it could really do, but we ran out of time. So I guess we will have to build another one, we did it once we can do it again. Jerry:rockon: