HybridZ

Future Z owner on the way.

cygnusx1

Well, after nine years of marriage we decided to have a kid. It didn't take long, we will be having a boy at the end of January. Everytime we go out for a cruise in the Z together now, my wife says that the baby does cartwheels. I don't know if it's the suspension the sound or maybe he is just scared as heck from all the Z noise and vibration!

This is our first and I am sure it is going to be a lifestyle shock. No, we will NOT be selling the Z and yes, I do catch myself thinking about how to mount a baby seat in the Z. :wink:

Well' date=' after nine years of marriage we decided to have a kid. It didn't take long, we will be having a boy at the end of January. Everytime we go out for a cruise in the Z together now, my wife says that the baby does cartwheels. I don't know if it's the suspension the sound or maybe he is just scared as heck from all the Z noise and vibration!

This is our first and I am sure it is going to be a lifestyle shock. No, we will NOT be selling the Z and yes, I do catch myself thinking about how to mount a baby seat in the Z. :wink:[/quote']

I have measured... a standard sized baby seat will fit, and it would not be too difficult to anchor. My GF wasnt too keen on the idea, and a Police officer I mentioned it to was perplexed, but not certain as to its legality. My sense of discretion won out in the end... the baby, now planning her 6th birthday, is causing her mother grief by wanting to help me wrench on the car. Who am I to stand in the way of progress?? :)

On being pregnant. Just get the baby some clothes with Hybrid Z printed on them. I think my 6 year old son is becoming quite a fan as well. I was driving him to the store yesterday and we were stopped next to a rather nice 240Z at a redlight. I gave the guy a thumbs up and reved the motor in my ole' Honda Accord. Well, light turns green and the guy takes off like a bat out of h*ll, and my son says, "Dad, I see why you like Z cars so much, did you see the way he took off?". You couldn't pry the smile from my face with a crowbar after that.

Anyway, congrats again, being a Dad is a truly wonderful experience.

Good luck!

Ditto on the Congratulations. Kids are an awesome responsibility but will be the most rewarding part of your life - even more than the Z! I have two boys - the older one drives a Firebird but talks continuously about the day when he can start building a V8 Z and the younger one drives an '83ZX. When they got old enough to not need a baby seat I used to take them both with me in the Z. The older one belted into the passenger seat and the younger one sitting on the deck behind him with his feet down in the well behind the passenger seat. Not sure about the legal technicalities but they sure did enjoy it.

1000th POST

When I was born, my parents had an awesome Red '67 Alfa Romeo "Duetto". For those not familiar:

1969-Alfa-Romeo-Duetto-Spider-B-640.jpeg

1967_duetto_t.jpg

I was the first son and that was their daily driver. My dad had imported it himself from Milan, Italy. When he got it here, he had a custom hard top made for it and then he made a "crib" behind the seats so that I could ride in it. So I spent three of the first years of my life riding around in a loud, smelly, leaded, Alfa Romeo. I think that's how I got the car bug. One day, a Lincoln in a panic back up manouver at a red light, reversed istelf right up over the top of the Alfa until it's rear wheels were jacked up off the ground and were about even with the front of the windshield. The car was pretty much destroyed. It was fixed, painted silver, and sold. We still have photos somewhere. Next car was an Alfa Romeo Berlina (sedan) that had room for my new brother.

You have to post in the somewhere else not in non tech to get to 1000th post.....jeez. So do I get to babysit in a few months...LoL. My fees go like this, for every hour of watching the baby = 15 mins of driving the Z. Can't beat those rates!

Congrats.