HybridZ

Look @ what I drove

EvilC

Hey last weekend my prof let me take a spin in his 1931 Ford Roadster. Very fun to drive because of how different it is compared to anything I ever drove. Trust me when I say this car was not made for anyone over 5'5. It has a 3 speed manual tranny in a H pattern.....reverse is where 1st is and 1st is where 2nd is on most cars, so you get the point. I posted it here because it has a flathead v-8....and now that I think about it, I guess I shoud have posted in the Ford section. :-) Top speed.....I have no clue because I didn't want to go to fast.....you have to plan your breaking points with something this old.

Enjoy pics:

z28 parts 155_thumb.jpg

z28 parts 148_thumb.jpg

That looks kewl. Give us some more of your driving impressions. Who's car is it?

It belongs to my Accounting Prof here at school. Well like I said before very different to drive because of the space inside. Torqe...hmm I think it has about 80 and something like 90hp. It takes a while to get the car going, but the ride is A LOT smoother than you would think. For a second felt like I was driving my daily driver, bmw. Stopping had to be planned almost half a city block away and the funny thing about that is, 3 mins into the drive I had a few deer jump out maybe 5 car lengths away. I had a great time driving it and would love to get more seat time but the weather is changing here for the worst. He also owns a '36 coupe and '39 sedan. I'll snap a few pics and post.

EvilC, finds a flux-capacitor on ebay for $12.99 and goes back in time....

"Damn I shoulda brought an LS1 with me...this sh#t is slow....or maybe I shoulda went forward in time to the year 2038 when I finally finish my LS1 240Z!"

97135163-M.jpg

LMAO....good one!

Ummmm. Model A's were all four-bangers. The flathead V-8 didn't appear until '32. V-8 transplants into A's may have been the original hybrids.

Cheers -- Gary

Yes you are right...car has 4 banger wth 40 hp! The v8 wheels threw me off, still was fun to drive!

Cool car! Sounds like fun!

I drove a car with a shift pattern like you are describing once. For my senior prom in high school many years ago I didn't go with the limo. Rather, I hired a guy with a '53 Bentley. It was an RHD car and the shifter was actually between the driver's seat and the driver's door! Every time you put it in second you would bang your hand on the door!

Nifty car though. I certainly got a lot of comments from my classmates who were disappointed at the plainness of their stretched limos. ;)