HybridZ

Chrome paint on the entire car

RacerX

A friend of my neighbors son just popped by and informed me he wanted to paint his fairly new Acura RSX with this new chrome paint. I asked him if he ever saw a whole car painted entirely in chrome paint. He said "Did you ever see 50 cent's car? I said "who?" Now I know who this 50 cent guy is!! I told him I wouldn't do it and I referred him to someone.

A thought came to mind since we're always asking about paint schemes/what color etc.. Would you or has the thought every occurred to you to have your Zcar done in chrome paint??

I wouldn't!

RacerX

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awe... why not, RacerX. I would look like a giant Hot Wheels car:)

A friend of my neighbors son just popped by and informed me he wanted to paint his fairly new Acura RSX with this new chrome paint. I asked him if he ever saw a whole car painted entirely in chrome paint. He said "Did you ever see 50 cent's car? I said "who?" Now I know who this 50 cent guy is!! I told him I wouldn't do it and I referred him to someone.

A thought came to mind since we're always asking about paint schemes/what color etc.. Would you or has the thought every occurred to you to have your Zcar done in chrome paint??

I wouldn't!

RacerX

Guest 280ZForce

let me ask you this....have you ever seen any car in chrome paint?

i've seen more than a few. all show cars only that pretty much never get driven. only trailored around in enclosed trailers.

the paint would be a b*tch to keep up and not worth it, plus probably ubber expensive for the paint and labor itself on it.

i've seen a mercedes car of some model and a nissan skyline r34 in chrome, a few others but I forget.

I'll bet they looked like giant Hot Wheels cars:)

let me ask you this....have you ever seen any car in chrome paint?

i've seen more than a few. all show cars only that pretty much never get driven. only trailored around in enclosed trailers.

the paint would be a b*tch to keep up and not worth it, plus probably ubber expensive for the paint and labor itself on it.

i've seen a mercedes car of some model and a nissan skyline r34 in chrome, a few others but I forget.

Guest 280ZForce

I heard the paint cost $600 a liter!!! and tons of prep work as the car has to be bare metal supposedly.

here's the skyline r34 i was talking about... you can see everything around it via the chrome on the car like a mirror

3921.jpg

and the mercedes... i've actually seen this car in person and i think chrome paint should be illegal if you are gonna drive on the road. That car was at a showing for JGTC outside a couple years ago and talk about glare...holy sh*t!

chrome1.jpg

chrome5.jpg

chrome4.jpg

chrome2.jpg

Ernie,

I think that he'll have some legal issues to deal with once he does it. No, I don't know the CA laws that well, but just common sense tells me that we'd see more cars on the road with "chrome" paint if it were legal. The glare issue is the first thing I think of. I cannot see how this would be safe for other drivers. Good thing you sent him off to someone else...

Davy

Well, now that you know about 50cent, you can take a quick trip back to the mid 90's and see this other piece of crap (relevant to the topic on both fronts, however) released by Master P. You needn't watch the whole thing unless you are a glutton for punishment, the payoff rolls in after the first few seconds...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GNxPIwrP44

Guest 280ZForce

here's some more...now some of them are polished and some are actually chrome painted.

IMG_8018.jpg

chromes20004mw.jpg

2004sema20lg3zf.jpg

800.jpg

hummer5zmxl4.jpg

this is a sneek peek of 50 Cents Lambo which is in the midst of the chrome paint job...not quite finished but you get the point...

P1030310_L.jpg

P1030196_L.jpg

mar2lam_7.jpg

Gold plated porsche... they put gold sqaures side by side then buffed them out.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10212&stc=1

something I considered VERY hard before I got to building my car was to rivet down sheet aluminum over the whole body and polish it, and do some p-51 mustang style graphics. I've seen that painted/vinyled onto cars before, most notably a drag mustang that I saw in a hot rod type magazine but have been unable to find pictures of on the internet.