HybridZ

I found my project car but . . . .

RacerX

it's a 1973 Datsun 610 wagon! But I do have plans on making this a rolling business card - lots of body mods - transplanting a different suspension etc., VQ35 - 6speed etc.,.,.

If the moderators will pardon me for asking this here (it's because I know there is predominant viewing traffic here). The car which I'd like to acquire is located in southern california. I'm located in the San Francisco-northern california area. I am asking if there is anyone with a truck and trailer that would be able to assist me in picking up the car and trailering it back up here please.

What would even be better, is if that person was planning on attending the Japanese Classic Car show in Long Beach. I really would like to attend that show and meet up with some of the HybridZ memeber that were kind enough to PM me about meeing up with them there. Thanks so much for the thought guys!!

I'd pay for fuel and meals or would consider a partial trade in labor if they needed assistance with their project. I apologize that I'm not able to compensate more monetarily.

Thanks for the consideration!

RacerX

YES!!!!! Somebody is doing a 610 wagon!!! AWESOME! I told you guys on that non-tech thread (http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=114570) that the wagon would rise again!

*ahem* Sorry RacerX, I'm not in a position to do more than give you a big digital high five for thinking outside the box on your next project, but if that was my neck of the woods, I'd help out for sure.

Thanks Max,

I've done two 1973 Datsun 610 wagons over the years. The last one, about 10 years ago, was a sedan delivery.

Please take a look at some of my project and customers cars:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mantislightninghands/album?.dir=4dd4&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

thanks,

Ernie - RacerX

Max,

If you're inquiring about the square tubing skeleton next to my drawing - that was my Zcar I was working on back around 1975-1976 I believe - so long ago.

You'll note some similarity to my drawing that I use as my avatar. If you'll take a closer look I also welded up my rear quarter windows to simulate a corvette style look. I was very fortunate to have come across those pictures. There are all that I have of that car.

The yellow 1st Gen RX7 was my own personal car built as a promotional vehicle for Hayashi Racing back in 1980. The car was one of the very first RX7's to hit the states and was a 1978 model. It was also registered as a 1978 model. I get alot of RX7 enthusiasts claiming that Mazda never made a 1978 RX7.

I'm glad you've enjoyed the pics - thanks for looking!

RacerX

Hi Owen,

Good to speak with you. I called Uhaul and they said they have a milege limitation.

RacerX

You can stop by the Bakersfield Uhaul, pick up a trailer, bring it back to Bakersfield, switch trailers with Uhaul, then head up north. Sounds like a lot of work though...

Hope it works out well, I saw the CL add for it.

Tyson

Hi Owen,

Good to speak with you. I called Uhaul and they said they have a milege limitation.

RacerX

Disconnect the speedo...J/K :-)

How aboutPenske, etc? Is Uhauls limitation on trucks only, what if you rent just the trailer? My friend says rent a truck for cheaper at Enterprise or whatever and rent the trailer from Uhaul.