HybridZ

So you want to swap a ROTARY into your Z! (how-to)

auxilary

well, the only thing left to do is to get the throttle assembly (pedal/cable/etc) fabricated (there's a leverage issue between wide open on the TB and the amount of cable the pedal would pull, mismatching). Once that's done, the engine comes out, need to fab a new battery box, paint it, and then assemble/fire it up and get it tuned ona dyno

Also need to rebuilt the rear diff. I have the 3.7 clsd, and the clutches are worn (at least from the symptoms), so I need to get that fixed.

I trust you... how long has this been now, or should I not even ask?

I've love to be there to see it running too, though I understand if limited drooling space is reserved for those you know personally. ;)

I've been following this swap since before I became a member I believe. Long time in the making, lots of anticipation.

steering rack's in the wrong place, parts are very expensive :) works well for 510 guys because the steering rack, like in the FB rx7, is recirculating ball and behind the crossmember, not in front. Much easier to adapt. Of course, knowing what I know now, I would've made a few things different, but if cost is no object to you, by all means go ahead!

Nah, go for it if you got the funds... just keep in mind that rotaries aren't tolerant to detonation, and rich mixture = safety.

You can get a used jdm series 5 turbo 2 motor that makes 200hp stock for about 1300 bucks with wiring harness, turbo2 tranny, and stock turbo. replace secondary 550cc injectors with 720cc or 850cc units so you can up the boost a bit, with open exhaust and a piggy back safc or equivalent engine management you could probably tune it to 250hp. Replace stock turbo with something bigger (like a t04b/e which can be had cheap), exhaust manifold, and a waste gate, prices start adding up. Front mount intercooler, blow off valve, piping, etc... little things add up quick.

My 13b-re motor was 1500, engine management - 1000 (microtech), clutch = 350, flywheel = 220, turbo = 700 (t04s), tial44mm waste gate =400, probably another 500+ on AN fittings and lines....

and that's just starting to count it.