HybridZ

newbie turbo question

Guest lee_240z

Guest lee_240z

I just bought a 240z about a month ago and it really lacks too much boost for me.:( I want to put in a 2.8 engine in, but I can not decide upon the turbo I should use. What's the difference between supercharged, turbo charged, and twin turbo? I have read the turbo thread and the sites it offers, but they don't have a simple side by side comparision. Plus I'm a newbie!:icon45:

most of us just get a 81-83 280zxt that has the motor and all the turbo stuff u will need...best part about it is that their pretty cheap...one can get the whole car for under 800 bucks...compared to other imports like honda where u pay like 4 grand for just the motor...get a zxt parts car and put like 2 grand for upgrades and u got a 300hp car!

Guest lee_240z

I want to know which is better for the z!:fmad: and don't give me any "it's up to you..." stuff cause it's not. It's up to everyone who will have a chance to judge my car at meetings.:( Plus I like showing off!:mrgreen:

cold blooded..^..lol...

It is up to you though, do u want to have the biggest baddest turbo setup just to say you have it? Or do u want the best turbo setup for your needs? Most people here have different setups because everyone has different wants/needs. track? Street? daily driver? or like u said, do u just want it so people will be impressed? most people will want to help you with the first 3, but the last one isn't really what it's about to me...

Guest lee_240z

To tell you the truth, I am not a real big fan of Hondas. :icon45: That's too much rice! My goal is to actually build a Honda eater!:b_hand: There are just too many of them. Plus it's what this forum is all about right?

:hail: "Hybrid Z engineered to be feared"

I want to drive my z daily and then switch some gears on my off time and hit the track or an open road. It's just that I would enjoy it better with more speed and power. And sorry if I make mistakes with the Z tech. I'm just a young guy with a 240z and a desire to make everyone appreciate the model as much as I do.

:cool: But anyways, keep on it with the tech info.

You need to do alot of reading here on HybridZ, all you need to know is here. No one is going to answer all the questions you are going to have if you don't even know the diff between a turbo and supercharger. There are many variables to every setup as you will see when you start your own research.