big-phil

first of all my N42 block has dished pistons just like the F54

***N42***

27201413926.jpg

****F54*******

24117230172.jpg

Fresh P90

27201414099.jpg

home made banjo bolt, could'nt find one that was 12x1.50...so I made the one on the right.

27201414158.jpg

I did'nt want to weld on my new HY35 so I'm trying this on for size, I bolted the waste gate thingie to the intake manifold????? I'll have to see how it works.

2720141419.jpg

I did'nt want to weld on my new HY35 so I'm trying this on for size, I bolted the waste gate thingie to the intake manifold????? I'll have to see how it works.

2720141419.jpg

This is what I did with my wastegate. Since the intake manifold and exhaust manifold torque with the engine the only movement will be metal expansion between the two different metals. (very small) I never had a problem. Just make sure you can open the wastegate arm all the way. And have you ported the crap out of the hole? I had to make it the same size as the wastegate puck all the way through the turbo (almost twice the diameter). And I even angled the hole on the inside of the turbo next to the inlet flange so more air would go in there. Good luck.

This is what I did with my wastegate. Since the intake manifold and exhaust manifold torque with the engine the only movement will be metal expansion between the two different metals. (very small) I never had a problem. Just make sure you can open the wastegate arm all the way. And have you ported the crap out of the hole? I had to make it the same size as the wastegate puck all the way through the turbo (almost twice the diameter). And I even angled the hole on the inside of the turbo next to the inlet flange so more air would go in there. Good luck.

I did port out the hole almost as big as the puck. I should of taken a picture of it. I had such good luck with doing that on my T3, that I did it also on the holset. It is about twice as big as the original hole, but not as big as the puck. I hope its big enough. The holset I bought had 17 miles on it. So thats why I did not want to weld to it. I might want to sell it years down the road???

I am also going to clean up the bracket, and paint it. Once I make sure its going to work.

Phil, you've been keeping a low profile lately...I guess that's because you're actually making real progress. Looking good, man!

Nice chip on the F54 piston, by the way!

Yes I've been working hard on the car. I just got my 3 in i/c plumbing in. I need to weld my bov flange on, and just started the car for the first time last night with no exhaust!! So I need to do my full 3in mandrel bent exhaust. And then get MSnS going. Its been rough, lots of fabrication. No beer though:( I've been working out alot at the gym also, so no beer for me, or at least a lot less. I will post some pics when its all done.

why an hy35?

i'm not trying to be rude but would an hx35w be a better choice?

about the same size exhaust housing big shft and larger intake housing.

also the for the most part the HX series parts are interchangable.

like you can later go with an hx35/hx40 good for over 40lbs of boost.

sorta like a t3t4 hybrid.

you can however buy a banks quicks spool exhaust housing for an "hy" tyrbo.

but when ordering keep in mind hy35s came on automatics only.

You trying to give Garrett a run for his money, or what?

I could only hope for 460 WHP!! Thats unbelievable. I figure with the holset, P90, megasquirt, 440cc injectors, and that "so big it almost don't fit" intercooler, I should see something in the mid 300hp range?? I hope higher.

why an hy35?

i'm not trying to be rude but would an hx35w be a better choice?

about the same size exhaust housing big shft and larger intake housing.

also the for the most part the HX series parts are interchangable.

like you can later go with an hx35/hx40 good for over 40lbs of boost.

sorta like a t3t4 hybrid.

you can however buy a banks quicks spool exhaust housing for an "hy" tyrbo.

but when ordering keep in mind hy35s came on automatics only.

From what I understand, the HX spools slower than the HY. I thought the hy came on standard trans dodge trucks? I could be wrong? I forget.

From what I understand, the HX spools slower than the HY. I thought the hy came on standard trans dodge trucks? I could be wrong? I forget.

Nope your not wrong. The hy's come stock on the newer automatic dodge cummings 5.9l trucks and on some of the older cummings. The hx would spool about 300rpms later and the hy will flow more than enough for must of us.

Phil, running 20-21psi on my completely stock engine besides metal headgasket my trap speed was 123mph. If you put it into the calc at 2550lbs w/ me in it thats 360wrhp. This was with a hydraulic p90a head also.

Phil, running 20-21psi on my completely stock engine besides metal headgasket my trap speed was 123mph. If you put it into the calc at 2550lbs w/ me in it thats 360wrhp. This was with a hydraulic p90a head also.

360!! That sounds great!! I can't wait. I went from 200-240ish?? with the stock T-3 overspooling it at 15 psi, through small crappy home made i/c plumbing. I think I would be happy with 350whp for about a week or so.