2nd annual Japanese Classic Car Show

Guest OSI

thanks for posting the link! some of these cars are SO COOL

here's a few for the lazy people haha

DSC01632.JPG

DSC01630.JPG

DSC01628.JPG

DSC01627.JPG

hey i've seen this one before... check those flares!!! IMSAzg's! lol! anyone know anything else about this car/its owner??

DSC01625.JPG

love me some wagons. especially AWD , flat black ones with dished rims!

DSC01624.JPG

what is this? :

DSC01652.JPG

DSC01654.JPG

DSC01649.JPG

these flares look a lot like zgs, too:

DSC01639.JPG

DSC01640.JPG

DSC01659.JPG

hakosuka hotness:

DSC01660.JPG

i just love those lips that alot of these old school cars have. isn't that the BRE style air dam?

look at this starion it's beeeaauutiful

DSC01666.JPG

DSC01663.JPG

DSC01671.JPG

few really nice z's:

DSC01682.JPG

black on black zg looks so good. i really wish there were ZGs for s130s!

ahh

here's a few more cause i'm bored.

heyyy...isn't this alex v's??

what flares are those?! they're subtle but look damn good! mini IMSAs??

DSC01684.JPG

what is this???

DSC01692.JPG

DSC01689.JPG

z31 hood scoop and paint matched zg's. very nice touch

DSC01696.JPG

DSC01693.JPG

check the CRX convertible. cleeean!

DSC01665.JPG

also, my apologies to any and all 56k'ers ^_^

hey B, those are MSA street flares which are no longer made. I was thinking about selling the car.

but after watching the amount of people that took pics with my car id figure ill stick with it for a while longer.

Alex i really like the look of youre White Z i havent really seen it a whole lot on the net but it defenatlly looks very clean and the flares oh man i love those.

Did you win anything???:wink:

hey B, those are MSA street flares which are no longer made. I was thinking about selling the car.

but after watching the amount of people that took pics with my car id figure ill stick with it for a while longer.

i've heard some very negative words about those flares. how hard they are to get to fit. but man they look good when you do make em fit!!

Lol slownrusty.

what kinna power plants did the starlet come with?

very small 4 cyl with a handle attachment so you could take it out and carry it with you. It held 3 quarts of oil 2 of which was in the oil filter. Earlier ones were carbed, the later got EFI.

the carbed version got very good mileage. About 45mpg with 10 cases of coors and 2 adults from denver to gault/lodi/stockton.

Most starlets came with the old pushrod toyota 4 cylinders, and they were rear wheel drive, which is why almost every starlet on the East Coast that you (Brandon) or I are likely to see will have a complete RX-7 GLS-LE drivetrain and rear end swap, and will be pulling wheelies through every gear change, and will be running at a drag strip under "El Loco Racing" or something very similar.

Most starlets came with the old pushrod toyota 4 cylinders, and they were rear wheel drive, which is why almost every starlet on the East Coast that you (Brandon) or I are likely to see will have a complete RX-7 GLS-LE drivetrain and rear end swap, and will be pulling wheelies through every gear change, and will be running at a drag strip under "El Loco Racing" or something very similar.

I left the stock engine in mine and used it for autocrossing last season:

NHSCCstarlet1.jpg

starletNHSCC05event1.jpg

NHSCCstarlet2.jpg

posted by: Jimbob_Racing: I left the stock engine in mine and used it for autocrossing last season

Sigh...There's always ONE in the bunch...Pittsburgh HARDLY counts as the East Coast, that's more like the north-ish area...j/k

I've seen them run with the stock motor, it was like the 3tc i think, no? But for every one with the original engine in Florida, there are 4 or 5 with rotaries, sometimes alcohol, sometimes not. Somewhere I've got some pics from an event at Moroso a few years back, and there were like 7 or 8 of those, and only one car still had the original engine in it. We get some funny swaps around here, like the boat motor powered volvo 240 wagon, or the 2.3 turbo powered pinto (also at that event). Oh yeah, and some guy with a toyota T100 that had an RB25det in it.

Great looking cars !!!!!SR240Z, I notice the white z in your signature, I LIKE IT !!!!! My only question is what size wheels and tires are you running and the offset/backspace.Please shoot me a PM, not trying to steal this thread.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...