HybridZ

it runs... It runs...RB26 and Mircotech

fentin_fury

Well the long awaited moment has happened. The engine cranked and fired. :cool: that is the good part.

I am hoping someone out there can help with offering advise on tuning the Microtech LT12S. I adjusted the TPS and timing and they seem fine now. Engine runs much smoother.

But man is it rich.... 650cc injectors and everything is black. Now I read good things about Microtech - and I purchased the LT12S, iginition pack and their wide band O2. What I find they are lacking is some basic tuning instructions.

I don't have the hand held controller - but the laptop dongle interconnect.

Things I notice that I find odd

- the timing curve (map) jumps up to 30 by 2000 RPM - what should the timing curve of the RB26 look like?

- the injector map - is flat and set at 0%. I am open to suggestions here, or a screen image.

what is the difference between Matrix and Normal modes?

Things left to do...

exhaust, guages, get the alternator charging, 300 ZXT half shafts installed..... and tune.

Q

• 2 weeks later...

small update...

no further tuning has happened although the exhaust system has been completed. I also ended up getting the billet CV adapters from Modern Motorsports vs. the welded units - I must say Ross was very quick to respond and ship the billet peices when I found a challenge with the welded adapters - thumbs up to Ross:icon14:

Other challenges - some soft frame rail that is being repaired right now. I was a little supprized - I found this when installing the adjustable TC rods. Will be better than new now!

Reversed the races in the CV joints and tore a boot - ordered new boots and they should be together this week.

have to install some guages - boost, fuel pressure and a second oil pressure guage. I bought two sending units for my Ultra Light oil pressure guage and will wire it up to switch between fuel and oil.

Also have to install the boost controller - picked up the turbonetics manual boost controller for mounting in the cabin - this could be dangerous!

i hope to go to the strip on Saturday for a test run. I thought i would have the car on the road before it snowed here! Well i missed that when it snowed this week - unusual for Toronto. Cold air is dense though.....

update next week

Q