HybridZ

Umm I just killed my R200

Garrett76Zt

I just swaped my 3.54 for a 4.11 R200 the other day. It's my spare but i'm willing to give it away for 20 bucks if you pay for shipping.

Its in perfectly good shape. But, for the price of shipping, you might as well just find one local. anyway its just an offer if you need it asap.

Is it just the carrier or the whole case? I'll probably take you up on the offer, I might like to weld one of em solid and see if I can live with it, or if it even makes that big a difference at the track.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

once the roll pin is out/broken should that shaft slide out easily? Obviously mine has taken a beating but it doesnt slide out even when i try to beat it out with a hammer/screwdriver.

Yeah, when they aren't damaged you just get the retainer out and then the pin will slide out with just pressure from your fingers or maybe a light tap with a hammer.

• Administrators
LOL, right again Mr. Mortensen . . .

I just took the carrier out and took the ring gear off. WAY oval shaped. The roll pin has one end completely snapped off. Like I said the ring gear and spider gears look to be in good shape although the pinion gear has some wear on it. I'm thinking it would be better off just replacing the whole thing. Unless someone has a 3.54 carrier they wanna send me . . .?

Yeup. That is exactly what I have seen as well. That roll pin either falls out or sheers, then the cross pin works itself back and forth and breaks into 2 pieces and then literally slots the carrier which I the clunking that you hear.

I’ve got a couple R-200 with 3.54 gears here in Oregon if you get desperate and don’t find one locally, (shipping costs will be way high…)

Well I just picked up another 3.54 diff in the JY today. I'll be going with it for now. I took the cover off and the pin looked in perfect shape. I'm anxious to get it in so I can get to the track again. Too bad I cant get my hands on an LSD at the moment, I know it would help . . .