HybridZ

Umm I just killed my R200

Garrett76Zt

3.54 open R200

I'm like 95% sure its dead. I dont see anything crazy happening with the CV's and this is some LOUD clacking and binding happening right in the center of the rear.

To be fair I've been pulling shavings out of this diff for over a year now. I dont think its liking my current power/torque.

Is this gonna keep happening or was it just time for mine in particular?

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. . .

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3.7 doesnt make that much of a difference though it does change the gearing just a bit and you will notice it slightly, but I wouldnt think enough to be of a bother.

Depending on the transmission you have, first becomes really short though.

Guest 280ZForce

Garrett, just break down and buy a damn LSD unit won't you! You are in dire need of one...pick the r200 w/ the gearing you want and find a LSD unit to throw in it.

Yeah I know guys. It would be nice for sure . . . my best 60' in this car so far is a 1.63 with this open diff. I just need more money . . . haha

I just drained the oil and it had metal everywhere . . . but my cv's had also come a little loose so it could be a combination.

Sorry to say it but I'm prolly gonna throw in another 3.54 for now.

Off the top of your head guys, what years did the 3.54 come in?

Garrett, was it the spyder gears? It used to happen to me every time if I hit a bump in the road where I lost traction to one wheel. As soon as the wheel that lost traction regained traction again, pow, shattered spyder gears. So far so good with an LSD. Hasn't happened in the last six years using a clutch type or the Gleason.

Joe

Garrett, was it the spyder gears? It used to happen to me every time if I hit a bump in the road where I lost traction to one wheel. As soon as the wheel that lost traction regained traction again, pow, shattered spyder gears. So far so good with an LSD. Hasn't happened in the last six years using a clutch type or the Gleason.

Joe

I havent gotten it apart yet. It makes almost no noise when under load. But SO loud with partial throttle and decel.