HybridZ

Good Old Fashioned Glasspack

Austin240Z

Snot bad! I kinda like it, I'd like to hear how it sounds.

btw, looks like you need a set of tail lights

yeah, brakes too, just re-did Clutch Master, Clutch Slave, and a stainless steel line, next step is brakes.

I have a video with NO muffler, but havent made a video with the glasspack on yet...

Here's the 240z with no muffler:

The car's real rough, the video doesnt do justice to how loud it really is..

Yeah, there's trash in the car, it's almost all parts and part boxes.

I'll take a vid of the car with the glasspack as soon as I can and upload it.

Guest 280ZForce

i thought glass packs were supposed to run in the midst of the exhaust system, not act as the tail pipe :confused:

oh well to each their own, I just think it would look better tucked under the car in the middle of the exhaust piping, then run an exhaust tip or something at the tail of it.

Guest 280ZForce
I concur...i like the look of just a pipe coming out from the rear, not a very big fan of the chrome tips...

doesnt have to be chrome, can just have regular exhaust pipe coming out the back or have some black tips. maybe it's just that his glass pack is sticking out kinda far...recessed in might look a lil better perhaps cuz right now it appears to stick out a few inches past his bumper

doesnt have to be chrome, can just have regular exhaust pipe coming out the back or have some black tips. maybe it's just that his glass pack is sticking out kinda far...recessed in might look a lil better perhaps cuz right now it appears to stick out a few inches past his bumper

yeah, it was a little hard to fit. I work at a parts store and I had about 4 mufflers i was trying to get up in there, and the glasspack was the only one that would fit in the stock location.

After I finish building my second engine and i get a decent header, then I'll probably move it, but it's staying there for now.

*Edit*A guy I work with supposedly has a set of the tripple webbers in his dad's shop from way back in the day when his dad and his brothers were big into Zs. So hopefully I can get a hold of them. If I do, I'm probably gonna experiment with a few different mufflers and see which one is best preformance wise.. not to mention which one sounds the best.