HybridZ

Z vs. FJR1300

cygnusx1

Today, from a standstill, I out accelerated an FJR1300 from 0-75mph. I let off at 75mph for sanity and his safety. The FJR was, in all fairness, loaded with an average sized man, a girl, and saddle bags. I am guessing he weighed in about 875 pounds with 145 BHP. Yes, he was racing me. He almost lifted his front wheel on the launch, and he was surprised.

hehehe :wink:

That bike is a heavy bike... They're close to 600# dry weight if my memory from an article I read a while back serves me... I'm actually thinking about something like that as a daily driver come spring...That or a ZXR1200... Not too many cars are gonna surprise an inline 4 in the 600CC class sport bikes (most are now running low 11s) and in the 1000CC and up sport and sporttouring classes...

Mike

Not too many cars are gonna surprise an inline 4 in the 600CC class sport bikes (most are now running low 11s) and in the 1000CC and up sport and sporttouring classes...

Mike

My buddy has a CBR600F4i and when I was around 360whp or so I put about 2 cars on him from a roll. Granted from a dig it might have been a different story, hehe. I'd love to have his bike though . . . .

My Dad has an fjr1300, and he says its surprisingly fast for how heavy they are, and it's hard to race all out on a motorcycle when you have an extra 120 pounds or so over the rear axle, you just wheelie when you nail it. But besides that you still need a pretty fast car to beat a motorcycle, good job!

I'm just happy I found something to gauge my car against. There aren't any local tracks and there isn't alot of "street racing" up here in the woods. Not that I condone street racing. But when you are at a light and you have a challenger, and you built your own car...enough said.

145HP at his crank SHOULD put him in the 10's with all the extra weight. However as 24 oz accurately pointed out, any bike with a passenger can't use full power in the lower gears because the front lifts. My 1st and 2nd were even with him and when I shifted into third, I was pulling away. Once I pulled on him, I backed off and let him go.

I think they are mid 11's depending on the driver and I would say around 13's with the passenger, so id say you did one hell of job building your car. At first I was wondering if my dad raced you with my mom on the back but then I saw you lived in New York, lol.

I'm just happy I found something to gauge my car against. There aren't any local tracks and there isn't alot of "street racing" up here in the woods. Not that I condone street racing. But when you are at a light and you have a challenger, and you built your own car...enough said.

145HP at his crank SHOULD put him in the 10's with all the extra weight. However as 24 oz accurately pointed out, any bike with a passenger can't use full power in the lower gears because the front lifts. My 1st and 2nd were even with him and when I shifted into third, I was pulling away. Once I pulled on him, I backed off and let him go.

No street racing? THE BRONX!!!!!!!!!!!