HybridZ

TURBOCHARGED V8 280Z.........pics & ?

Well me and a buddy are rapping up my project and im so proud i think its time for me to make my first post, its not pretty but theres lots of time to do that, just want to drive it. I have sprung a leak on my brake master, need help on what and were as well as whats good and bad. I need struts and springs as well and its the same boat, thinking of the 1" lower, found the master and struts and springs on line at Z Specialties.com, are they fair on there pricing, more than anything I need advice on what works and what dont, do not have many buddys with Z cars, I would be open to any comments or advice you guys have. Link to pics in a post at the bottom.

Austin, Tx thats were i be.

zeeboost asked " Where in Austin are you? " He got a true Texas answer.

When I was stationed at FT. HOOD, TX. I asked a couple locals where a certain place was. One said it was a fer piece down the road and the other said it was over yonder. I then knew exactly where it was at...:lmao:

LARRY

I'm very interested in your swap as well. If you are able to, please take some more pictures in good light of the entire engine bay, especially the sides where we can see the headers. Good work by the way!!

Davy

PS, you did fine posting the pictures, we just more...a lot more...

Thanks guys, I show my pics to everyone and they ask how fast it is, always good to talk to someone who appreciates good fab work. Well the headers { thanks to a buddy with a TIG } look great and are from scratch so they were cheap. Start up next week { going on vacation } so I have my fingers crossed. The kit includes a MP T70 .69AR, Aeromotive fuel system, Tial waste and BOV, MSD spark, cheap intercooler rated for 600hp,

Innovative LM1, modded 650, EV carb hat, SBC stock { junkyard motor }, 7-12lbs for now till I get a solid motor built in a few months, I was more interested in getting the hot side for the kit built for the car than a motor. Im thinking of running E85, we have two pumps here in Austin now, would be a better setup i think. I have a hard time getting the pics to fit in the 91kb size so ill try to post some more.

great job!!! you owe your buddy big time for the exhaust work, it looks great . ive been contimplating on turboing my v8 240z, but i spent all my money on a 74 skyline.. would your buddy be interested in building another set for some cash??? also what did you do to the carb to let you blow through it? i have a draw through setup on a l28 and have been curious about what it takes to blow through. i thought you have to totally box in the carb and do some other things check this out.. http://www.racingjunk.com/post/695030/VORTECH-SUPERCHARGER-CARBURETOR-BOX-ENCLOSURE.html i know they are expesive but they really cool.

Thanks for the help with the pic. Heres more pics, fuel cell, headers, and kit..............http://www.putfile.com/kechup

Man, the larger pics add some great detail to what you have already done---serious work on those headers! I'm impressed with the amount of clearance they have and the excellent transition from the other side. It looks very well thought through and I'm sure it will work well.

:2thumbs:

Davy

http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html

Heres a good site, a carb box is fine and make things a little easier but overall you dont need one. You will have to buy a carb hat of sorts so theres 200.00 bucks right there so its not so much if you add in that factor. Yea me and the buddy have buddy laws, one of them is you dont do anything for buddys thinking he owes you something, you do it cause you like the guy. I help him with some projects { i work in the A/C business } so when he said { if you look in some of those pics you can see his ride in the background } he was willing to build headers for my car i said ohhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaa. Ill ask him bout building more and let you know.