HybridZ

So I'm buying some RB26 gaskets/bearings

Bob_H

So I've been doing a fair amount of research for the last few days, trying to find some good sources for bearings and gaskets. Of course the price varies all over the place.

Here's what I've got thus far:

Gasket kits:

Price -$280 at McKinney,(unknown composition, assume master kit)

-$350 from Phase 2 Motorsports

-$199 Buy-it-now for some aftermarket master kits on E-bay,(various)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-RB26DETT-Engine-Gasket-Kit-Skyline-GTR-RB26_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33667QQihZ008QQitemZ180002299913QQtcZphoto

-$250 - seems like the best deal. OEM Nissan parts.

I just don't know if I should go with the Cometic head gasket as well, since this has a stock on in it.... I think for now, I'll stick with this set and not worry about the Cometic.

Bearings:

Price - $ 300 for Coated ones referenced in thread above,(same people as the e-bay link above)

- $ 300 for all? bearings w/McKinney, $220 for Rod bearings

- $lost my other reference...

Timing belt

Price: - $125 Phase 2

- $130 McKinney

- NISMO belt - $190 via nismoparts.com

- OE timing belt $25! via nismoparts.com - not sure of the differences here? Any comments? It claims the same belt for RB20/25/26? I just want to replace mine for now.

Looking for more sources. OEM would be fine for now.

I'm getting raped enough with gaskets and bearings,(oh, and fabrication costs...)

Bottom line, the prices for all this stuff is all over the place. Some of the sites we have linked in the main posts don't have the catalogs easily to find on the webpages - such as RBMotoring - that one appears to be the worst to navigate - I can't find squat on it!

-Bob......

Welcome to the RB part buying Blues. Once you think you found a good source and price, another comes up.

B&E Customs was $300.00 for the RB26 gasket set several months ago. As more business's import these parts I am sure good ole American competition will drive the prices down some.

You can look forward to sending lots of email. But do not count on receiving many replies. Same goes for telephone calls.

If you do a valve job, wait till you try to source the RB26 lifter shims. That one is interesting in itself.

Anyway, I feel your pain and frustration!

Oh yeah!

I am defenatlly allready running in into getting parts for the RB26 but Shay at nismoparts is pretty good to deal with and could get always special order parts that you will have to wait for about 6 weeks!!!

Maybe Matt "cheftrd" from Japan could source out some parts. I would probably assume that anyone on this forum from Japan could get parts for RB motors. But no mater what you will have to pay the buck to get it.

I feel the pain and wait!

• 2 months later...