HybridZ

Any World of Warcrack nerds here?

auxilary

And if you are as old a gamer as I, you know what the heck Will Wright is talking about when he says "Populous" Yeah, I played the heck out of that one, of course you could only play against the computer or if you hooked up with a friend who had it over a 9.6k or better modem, that was sweet. Nope, sorry no internet access in 1989, unless you call bulletin boards internet, and no telnet was not internet either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populous

Ah the memories... like yesterday, 3am playing against the hard level, killing his top warrior by drowning him. So sweet. Of course the comp kicked my a** unless I turned off all his natural disasters and ability to build, even after years of play, because he cheated dang it! Somehow he knew exactly where I was all the time and attacked me directly, that jerk, well so I had to do the same thing. :ugg: But really how did he build a guy with like full gold bars when all I could muster int he same alloted time was one castle and a crappy knight with full red bars. REALLY!

But nothing beat X-pilot, X-pilot was the ultimate of Unix based 2-d linedrawing gameplay, you built your own ship, chatted with other players and generally designed your bombs, (yes I was the one setting off FNukes all the time). Heh heh hee, yep after saving an hour of weapons just type something like FN3GRZ45TKA or something like that and PPPOOOOOWWWWW!!! not only did it instantly fry the competitor's ship it and anyone else in the general area, and propell everyone else to their doom with the shockwave, it usually timed out everyone dialed in. the Ultimate jerk weapon especially since it was usually a suicide as well, but being directly connected tot he main server, I was able to log back in fast enough to collect a few BIG packets and gain 7 invisibility before anyone else had a chance. Ahhh the good old days.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bringing back the memories... i played some sweet modem turn based on my appleII lol way back in the day ..

i didnt really get hooked until Unreal Tournament came out and then the frag fest started... i even ranked in the top 50 US players the first year they had the Eurpean/US tourny out of Vegas.. (TiVaN1) if anyone played onthe west coast tourneys you might remmber the head shots LOL ... then i got a corp job and just couldnt keep the skillz up.. sounds stupid but you do have to play x amount of hours a day to keep sharp.

ive played EVE since beta until this summer and just lost interest and yep im another poor shlep who has lost his soul to WOW.. just started about 2 months ago. god help me

Played some fairly serious UT as well.... but mostly EO mod, or half-EO. Started 2 months after the game came out, got fairly serious a year or so later, and still play for fun. I have the dubious distinction of being one of the better players around who doesnt use the keyboard, started off in noobish fashion trying to play with a joystick (LOL) and never got used to the keyboard. Now I play with a mouse in the right hand and a joystick in the left. Sounds ridiculous I know, but to this day I get accused of botting or being too serious (playing too hard or making it not fun for casuals) for various servers. I will always enjoy the FPS style better than MMORP or strategy gaming, which probably what kept me from becoming hopelessly involved in WoW. I have some small hope that the next UT will bring back the feel and glory of UT99... but I have 2K3 and 2K4 to temper my enthusiasm.

UO4lyf!

God I had fun playing that game, first online game ever for me. Little naked mage with black sandals on, purple hair.. name of Mouse. I killed everyone that moved, it was pretty fun. I was such a bastard.. I'd love to know just how many poeple I chased away from that game.

Shadowbane was worse, ha. We had the CCR's contact us (LoC/TDA) and request that we ease up a bit because we were chasing literally hundreds of poeple from the game.

I play to grief..

Looks like we have a few gamers.

I'm tired, I just spend aabout 40+ hours away thanks to the wii premiere. Need to go to bed soon.

Last MMO I played seriously was MCO (motor city online, yell if you've heard of it). But that was a racing MMO so it's not in the same catagory as WoW and others. I've just never been a huge fan of MMO games because for the most people I don't like sitting around with a bunch of people that have no life. If I don't have a life I don't want to be reminded of it by other people all day :D

FPS games seem different, it's much more culturally advances somehow. Maybe it has to do with the older audience age average, or maybe that RPG's tend to attract nerds that get over obsessed with game advancement. A FPS you can stop any time and you're not gonna loose anything by not playing for a month (except maybe some skill) and in RPG games now every else you know is X amount of levels higher than before while you're still where you were at. This is the downfall to MMORPG games that makes them overly addicting and why they're such a problem for many people.

I have nothing against the games, I just think alot of these kids playing nowdays need to learn that they're wasting their life away by getting obsessed with these games.

Though I've been considering starting some MMO games just for extra work. (though most companies try their best to keep people from doing this)

Ok everyone, I'm going to bed. Then in the morning I'm playing the new zelda.

Oh, and to date my obsession... the first game I got new and played all the way through, was the original duke nukem on DOS. Those were the days. I think I clocked well over 3 years of my life on street fighter 2. Kinda stupid of me, but man was it fun.

UO4lyf!

God I had fun playing that game, first online game ever for me. Little naked mage with black sandals on, purple hair.. name of Mouse. I killed everyone that moved, it was pretty fun. I was such a bastard.. I'd love to know just how many poeple I chased away from that game.

Shadowbane was worse, ha. We had the CCR's contact us (LoC/TDA) and request that we ease up a bit because we were chasing literally hundreds of poeple from the game.

I play to grief..

R-TARD!

LOL, all you dam gamers. I used to be addicted . Been much better lately. My GF hated it spent all my time on my Z and the Comp. I've been playing scince the original paddle pong lol. I also beta tested for a long time including the original MMOW UO. The original Ultima series rocked. I also used to run a BBS back in the day. Some of you might even have belonged to/ played games on it. It was Called Virtual Graphix. Ran under an old fire sys. till I went wildcat. Whatever happened to the good ol days.

sigh, ok, 18 mage, 33 warrior, 34 rogue, 37 shammy spread across some servers.

*hangs head in shame*

I CAN QUIT ANY TIME I WANT!

You were further along on your Rotary Z before I became a memeber here then you are now, am I right? What's up with that? I've been driving my SBC for over a year now! Getter done!

• 4 weeks later...

Just wait until we're well into the DX10 era. We should start seeing games that really push the limits on what we thought was possible. 40 man raids should become child's play for all games on the market. As long as net standards keep up we should start seeing FPS games that can handle 200+ people on a map (VDSL, are you out there listening?).

If anyone here thinks there PC, Xbox 360, or PS3 look good just wait. We're about to enter into a game utopian era in wich imagination is the real limit.