HybridZ

Blue Autometer LED lights

Bartman

I installed an Autometer ultra-lite speedo and tach in my car a while back and then I installed electroluminescent faces on my stock gauges that fairly closely matched the look of the Autometer gauges (at least during the day). The problem was they looked very different at night. To make it even worse I just installed a stereo with blue lights, and my wife and I decided that I needed to make my Autometer's light up blue as well.

I searched around and found out that Autometer sold these little blue condom looking caps to make their lights shine blue. I bought these and installed them, but they looked more green than blue, and just kinda overall looked bad (the carpet dash pad will be replaced soon).

DSCF3247.JPG

Unsatisfied I kept searching around until I found out that you can install blue LED lights. Autometer sells those as well, but the want like $12 a piece. I kept looking around and finally figured out I could buy the LED lights I needed on eBay for about $2 a piece.

Well I installed them tonight, and now I'm very happy with the results. What do you think?

DSCF3250.JPG

• Like 1

The ebay seller is awsinc and he has a web site of cartoka.com. Just search for "4 LED blue 168" to find the right lights. The 4 led lights fit perfect and 168 is the type of bulb.

If you're willing to buy from Hong Kong, you can get them even cheaper (that's what HK, US stands for), but I'd rather get them from the state of Washington.

The steering wheel is an eBay special, and yes I hooked up the horn to one of the buttons.

Guest 280ZForce

Bartman - they look real good w/ the blue LEDs, matches things up a lot better.

Maybe I can stop by sometime and check out your Z since you live in the same city. Whereabouts do you live in this traffic central over populated city? I live right off the 15/Ontario Ave by the LA Fitness.

...Maybe I can stop by sometime and check out your Z since you live in the same city. Whereabouts do you live in this traffic central over populated city? I live right off the 15/Ontario Ave by the LA Fitness.

Sure, I'm about 12 miles south off the 15/Indian Truck Trail in a place called Horsethief Canyon Ranch.

Guest 280ZForce
Sure, I'm about 12 miles south off the 15/Indian Truck Trail in a place called Horsethief Canyon Ranch.

oh sweet...I know right where that is. One of my aunt's used to live there on Hitching Post (cul-de-sac) or something like that I think.