HybridZ

gone but not forgotten

Silent

the z was loaded up on a trailer, to become a real hybrid. it stayed local, so i will still have a hand in it's creation, but i am no longer an owner of it. sold the rolling chassis, still have the motor collecting dust in storage.

a piece of me died inside when i saw it roll away

Silent... I feel for ya'. Throughout my life I've sold lots of things I wanted. The best advice I can give is to do without for many years. Then when your income is higher and you have plenty going into your retirement funds, buy the one or two things that you really miss.

don't worry silent, a good deal will come along again when you least expect it! I sold my old 280, it was just getting to be more trouble than it was worth. I told myself I was done with cars altogether (even told my wife-my GF at the time-the same thing) and was going to focus on my DJ stuff...well, long story short, my friend (ironically the guy I sold my car to) found another 280 that was in better shape than my last one that he got for free, but he didn't have the time for it, and I got it from him for $200...so you never know, life is funny like that.

I know how you feel. When I wrecked my Z, I had to make a decision to try and rebuild or part it out. Now that I'm pass the emotion, wrecking my Z was one of the best things that happened to me. I was able to pay off all my credit cards for the first time in 5 years, buy another reliable car, move to L.A, and get a move on my career.

Although I cherish all the times building the car and the meets, I now realize that my hobby had taken over my life. Not to mention the fumes were killing me. I'll get another Z someday. Hopefully within the next 3-4 years, but not until I can really afford it debt free. I'm sure you will too.

Silent, don't sweat it. It sucks, but if you've got more important things in life right now, they take precedence. I got out of Z's in '97 or so, and knew I'd always get another one. I've fallen back in with a vengeance, and now have the money to make the Z I always wanted back then. Life comes around.

i did the same thing, i was depressed for about 6 months i think. i told the guy i sold it to (friend of mine) i want to buy it back, i said "sure, i knew you would want it back, just give me back what i paid you." i was soo happy. anyways i am just trying to say, there is always that possibility that you might get that one back in time, and if you do get it back i got a tranny for you just to help you get back to where you need to be. (4speed or 5) i offer this simply b/c this reminds me of what happend with me. good luck silent