HybridZ

paint schemes...urban, patina, camo...pics, ideas

OlderThanMe

I think that if you do find a good airbrush artist then maybe you could paint the car so that it looks like you're going so fast that the paint is comming off the car, exposing rivited panels of sheet metal

The problem with this is that it has been done so many times on the tuning seen, your car is gona be instantly tagged as a rice can.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very true...

I am looking for something to just scare the living daylights out of the average person when I pull up to the light. Ricers won't know what to think and then they will lose to this camo, post-apocalyptic, nasty looking old car... Most people have no clue what my Z is anyway...I've had several people tell me it is a Porsche and they don't believe it when I say it's a "Datsun"...

Hopefully I'll get some colored pencils soon...or "borrow" my little brother's...Don't know about them artists and not wanting to loan out their pencils...

ok so my first idea didnt go well and i dont know how you guys will feel about this one but here it goes.... im sure you could find a good graffiti artist in your neighborhood that would do this for free. please ignore the watermark... ive had bad experences... and for those who cant read it, it says DATSUN..

datsun-graff1.jpg

Yeah free is really good. Plus it has to be painted in my driveway since it has no drivetrain and I don't have a trailer...

Anyway I like a tigerstripe that is angled up about 30 defrees from horizontal. Just about like the E-Radatz built race car...I'll find a pic. I like the angle on the "torn" looking graphics...

ERM9.jpg

Corpcrim, I like the new idea. I was super close to doing a wildstyle graffiti graphic on the Z, just never got around to planning it out.

OTM, here it is. The beauty of this idea is that it allows you to maintain the overall scheme you are already using, you just need to add.....THIS!

otmpaint.jpg

In case you can't really make it out, what you are looking at is the chalk outline and blood smear of the alien that OTM ran over last week (this incident did not actually occur, but that is the back story, just go with it). If you so desire, you can change the green blood to red, and use an outline of a deer, annoying neighbor, whatever. It's the thought that counts. I expect your roll pan to say: "Veritech-z rocks my socks!" I'll post the design for the font later, so you can print it and make a stencil...

now that ive started doing this i cant stop thinking of more... they're not as cool as aliens but if you like the whole tear thing then you might like these

th_datsundesigns.jpg

I love that bottom one. If you could do me a huge favor add some black ZG's to it. I just might steal that sheme.

Tyson

It would have to be Xbox green, or it wouldn't look right. the difficulty in this one is going to be taping off the blood so it looks natural. It would almost be easier to just get a bucket of paint and splash it on. that would probably be too thick though.

I think it will be a little hard to find a bucket of Xbox green paint that could be used on metal...

IF it was rustoleum I could drip a perimeter and fling some drops of it on the hood...Then roll the middle of it to not be too thick.

Of course I could do one of those little scared guys from the Xbox game HALO(blue blood)...

• 6 months later...

Didn't really want to post this one to the "my S30 drawings" thread because it's not an S30...maybe we should start a Z31 thread, or just a general Z drawings of any kind thread? The theme of this one is "NES console." Note the R32 right side tail lamp, and the cross hair on the left side, harking back to the square two button controllers of yore...

z31nes.jpg

Max, I remember you talking about that idea a while ago. I thought it was really cool thought, and tried to picture it. Your "300NEZ" is sweet.

I think the anniversary edition/NES paint scheme works well. I think the d-pad should be more obvious, with the corners tinted. What did you have in mind for the front end? Maybe somehow incorporate a cartridge port as the hood scoop or headlight?

I don't know Sven, I hadn't really gotten that far yet. I'm not a Z31 owner, so it's not a very pressing concern, but I imagine that something could be done with the early turbo hood scoop to give the impression of a cartridge slot...maybe a fog light block-off on the front right that looks like power or reset, and an opening on the left for an air duct that's shaped like the controller socket? I didn't want it to get so themed it looked rediculous, but just to suggest an NES console, so I don't know how far I'd want to take it.

I feel ya, give people in the know just enough to figure it out. I totally forgot about the power and reset- excellent! I don't have one either, but it seems that Albuquerque is where 3/4 of all Z31 and S130's ended up. They are everywhere. One may enter my flock sooner or later.

On a thread related note, I began stage 1 of my Urban Assault Z last month. I learned some lessons about spray painting a car. Unfortunately my ISP is so terrible I can't upload any pics. I'm working out of town this week, and should be able to upload from my hotel room.