HybridZ

15x10 rims with -45mm offset fit stock rear suspension on 240z?

-45mm with 3 11/16 backspacing or

have to go with a 15x8 with -30 mm offset and 3 7/16 bacdkspacing to clear suspension

dont care if it sticks out of fenderwell as thats going to eventually be cut, just dont want interference with stock struts and suspension

ive done alot of searching and its confusing as heck with offsets and backspacing measurements. I think I gathered pretty much up to 4" backspacing should fit stock rear suspension.

you got it briann510... backspacing it key to bolting them on...

That does not mean that it is the best thing to do to your bearings...

You should keep offset at zero no matter what size you run... hence the guys running coilovers to fit 9, 10, and 11" wide wheels with whatever backspacing keeps them at or near zero offset... coilovers will allow up to 5.25" backspacing IIRC...

You can mount a wide range of tires on a given rim size... generally each brand and type will have unique shaping and profiles in the sidewall area... That means that you will have to try them out to see if they will fit....

most people like to see the rear track width WIDER than the front... that is where the wider, deeper rear wheels come from... most people who track these cars run all 4 wheels and tires the same size...

... coilovers will allow up to 5.25" backspacing IIRC...

I agree. About 3/4 of an inch more than the stock spring at the configuration shown. Do you think that would still hold with the eight inch 2.5 dia spring verses the ten inch 2.5 coilover.

And larger diameter wheels will give you more also. bjhines, what wheel dia is in the pick? Great example by the way.

Well.. you will end up with a neat looking Z car with the super wide... deep lipped rears...

but that would suit a dragster, a Porsche, or any other rear engined car more that it would suit a front heavy Z-car...

As far as bearings lasting with high offsets... Obviously track conditions are far more punnishing than street conditions... I doubt that drag racing is much worse on rear bearings than the street....

I agree. About 3/4 of an inch more than the stock spring at the configuration shown. Do you think that would still hold with the eight inch 2.5 dia spring verses the ten inch 2.5 coilover.

And larger diameter wheels will give you more also. bjhines, what wheel dia is in the pick? Great example by the way.

bjhines. Did you catch this?

Thanks,

Well.. I have a set of 15x10s with 5" BS they are Revolution classics... They are a bear to find tires to fit...

The most affordable set up is the 17" sizes... but the sidewall profile will still determine what actually fits... Short springs in the rear are generally required for 5"+ back spacing...

That is good news.

Im set on 17" with 255X45 rears which call for a 9.5 wheel width.

I have the 8 inch 2.5 coil over. So I will check the wheel off set available for the target wheels I'm eyeballing. Looks like we may have a winner. And yes if you are on a 15 inch wheel at 4.5 BS, 5" would be a squeeker. 5" on a 17 would not be a prob.

I'll get back to you with my findings.

(Edit) Im going to do some measuring tonight to be sure but Im very interested in the TeamlIIIWheels Co. that disnomer dug up. They will do custon/variing offsets as listed in below link.

Stand by...............

Ok with the 9.5s that I need they can do from 3.5" to 7" back space. Where's my tape measure!

Heres the info. Nice wheels.

http://www.team3wheels.com/ac/

Many thanks,

I'm curious if going with a 8" spring in the rear moves the lower spring perch high enough on the strut so that there is no clearance issue between the wheel and the spring assembly itself. If this were true, the first thing the wheel would come in contact with as backspacing increases would be the strut tube.

Regards,

Justin