HybridZ

Who has the baddest n/a on this site?

Rebird

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal favorite is the "manual roll control" during the hillclimb video!

Ahhhh, common sense liability related to motorsports activities. How refreshing! That little action was worth the download all by itself! Thanks Ben. Next time I make it to Liverpool, I have to make time to get down your way and meet up with Alan, You, and Len Welsh! Scattered bits to be sure, maybe my company will be more understanding of my requirements and schedule jobs in conjunction with the Registry's show events! LOL

Tony please do contact next time you are over here. Try to make it during the season and come along to a hillclimb UK style. cheers ben

Got to get the car under 850kg even with the roll cage:wink:

Yeah, the land of Demon Tweeks, and the ability to buy a windscreen with electronic defrosters built in..... Cease your torture this minute! I cry alligator tears at your predicament! LOL

I was so overloaded I had to bring a second tool case just to fill it with my last Demon Tweeks Run back in March. Yes Mr. Customs Agent, those are "Analytical Instruments" I use in conjunction with my job, they went with me from the USA, I am merely returning them home...

So I assume perspex is in the cards as well, any of those nice OEM Nissan Parts available, or are you fabbing those on your own? I remember seeing the "Nissan" branded plastic 1/4 windows while in Japan in the 80's and thought "hey that's neat..." I should have checked parts stock then and there. (My youthful lament!)

Good Luck with the build. Bychance might you or any of the Registry be attending Spa this coming year? I have been toying with making a trip since one of the chassis I supplied to Ad V. in Holland may be completed and running in Group 4 at Spa. I think it would be better for my son to go to Spa...that's it that's the excuse it's broadening my son's horizons, dear! We must go to Belgium instead of visiting your relatives! ;^)

Tony, I very rarely use nissan parts as the whole car is way past the standard part position. The windows are all plastic except the windscreen which has to stay glass for the regs. (poly would be nice) everything else is pretty much fabricated as requried. I think there are maybe some of the french and dutch connection that will be going to spa and maybe even a couple of 240's competing again as they did this year. I think that as usual the event will clash with a round of the hillclimb champ that I will need to attend so doubtful that I will be there. cheers ben

WOW, Ben240z I love the way your Z looks, what type of body kit is that? I've been watching the Vid in loop, how about anyone else?

Tyson

hi tyson thanks for the comments. The bodykit was designed by Janspeed in the 70's when they were running the car in the european group 5 sports car series (finished 2nd) and used to run a wing sat on the tail as well ( I cant run the wing in the class that I run in :mad: ) If you look in ben240z gallery at www.zclub.net then there are some pics of the car back in the 70s.

The body kit consists of

complete front wings/fenders

nose cone or bonnet extention piece

front air dam, now transformed into spoiler with splitter

rear wings/fender attached over existing steel body

I have added the rear 3 piece spoiler to replace the rear wing

The body kit is available in either glass/carbon/kevlar as I have the moulds

there should be some more video and incar footage next year.Checkout the brayspeed site www.brayspeed.co.uk for more cars at the hillclimb, there is another 240z and a twin megabusa engined force. cheers ben

Well, we all know:

Easyjet makes it Easy!

LOL

I'll enquire more as the dates draw near, pity the terrible torture I must endure to have to hop the channel for a day or so on holiday and see some of the south of the UK.... LOL

Hi Ben240z,

I have just read the UK Z club magazine article that included your Z, and after seeing your hillclimb video very exciting stuff. I am currently building a 280zx wide body race car in New Zealand. The car is loosly based on the IMSA Cars, and includes FRP guards, quarter panels, doors, with carbon bonnet & deck etc...

As for the engine, the current specs are as follows: F54 Block, N42 Head - lots of work, custom inlet manifoled with 6x50mm EFI throttle bodies, ARR dry sump system, CSR electric water pump, Nismo damper, LD28 crank, 240z rods, all the normal full race prep. plus lots more, Nismo valve springs, Nismo cam sprocket, ARP bolts, oversize titanium valves, 50.8mm SS Headers, 89mm forged pistons, 5.5" tilton triple plate clutch on custom flywheel, HKS 1mm head gasket, Motec M800 ECU, etc, etc... Final compression ratio yet to be confirmed but looking at something around 12:1... and hoping for ~300bhp+ engine will be run in on engine dyno with final tuning on rolling dyno, so I will post the results once known... It should be alive earlyish next year.

Look forward to more updates on your car,

All the best Grant

Here's the 2-Liter when it still had the TEC2 on it. Now it's EUC882 Driven, and the ECU was relocated to the dashboard inside.

735451_136_full.jpg

735451_142_full.jpg

735451_132_full.jpg

735451_133_full.jpg

205HP to the rear wheels at just a tad below 9000rpms. Everybody seems to like the "second photo"...LOL

Radiator varies. Andy had a NASCAR fabricator make up a five pass unit for his 502 CID car, and we run that radiator when on the dyno, and we put (believe this or not) a stock radiator back in for the Runs at the lake. No radiator in these photos, that's one of the components that needed to be installed at that point...

Everybody likes the second photo... LOL!