HybridZ

motor install pics, Holset, P90... lots of PICS>>>

big-phil

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just orderd ms 1 v 3.0, relay board, relay harness, and tunning cable. $494.50 its only $$$$??? I've got a guy in Ft. Worth that will help me with the install, and he'll tell me what GM sensors I need??? Cuz, I don't know??? Gulp.... mery x-mas to me:-D

bigphil,

I did a write-up of my install of the MS-II (uses the same sensors) awhile back (september, I think) just look at my posts, I posted the resistance values for the stock CTS in there. You can reprogram the MS to use any CLT sensor.

The IAT I used was from a 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix with a 3.1L engine. It just pushes in, and it fits the stock 280z throttle body boot perfect! (You just have to trim about 1/4" off the nipple so the IAT is in the airflow)

Of course you might have a problem adapting the stock TB boot to that HY35, but GM also has the screw in type that DIY sells, you could just weld a nut to your intake pipe.

I'm pretty sure you can get a silicone boot of the proper size and just push the Grand Prix sensor in, IMO.

You can't see mine in my pics because the IAT and the stock 280z TB boot is mounted to the intake of the turbo.

Good luck! The MS is soooooo awesome...you can tell by listening to my vid how fast that turbo spools (it's like instant) and my tuning is so pig-rich right now that it spits out black smoke like a diesel when you floor it!

I took it for a quick ride in the parking lot before the hobby shop closed, and even with that tuning, my cobbled together, restricted rad hose pipes, and the duct-taped dryer duct on the other side of the FMIC, it hit 6psi at the TB at about 2300rpm. I believe it would have gone higher but I haven't programmed my Profec-a yet (I got it in exchange for my old L28E, what a deal)

The TPS just get from a Q45 (G50), a 300zx (Z31), KA24E stanza (89-ish) or 240sx.

It basically bolts on your TB. (I used shelf hangers to modify mine) I think the Q45's is the same spacing as the datsun TB though.

I guess you could also just use the 240sx tb and the TPS is mounted already. You can do that with the stock EFI since it has the switches as well as the pot inside. (though the 240sx only has the contacts for full throttle and not off-idle enrichment)

The coolest thing about the MS is that you never have to adjust the TPS again. Just like the new GM cars, you just calibrate it by getting readings at 0% and 100% throttle. THis really helped me because my throttle linkage is so worn the TB only actually opens to 80% wiht the pedal (If I open it wide under the hood my laptop will display throttle position as 124%!)

I'm gonna fix that with an RC car tie rod or something to take up the slack.

bigphil,

I did a write-up of my install of the MS-II (uses the same sensors) awhile back (september, I think) just look at my posts, I posted the resistance values for the stock CTS in there. You can reprogram the MS to use any CLT sensor.

The IAT I used was from a 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix with a 3.1L engine. It just pushes in, and it fits the stock 280z throttle body boot perfect! (You just have to trim about 1/4" off the nipple so the IAT is in the airflow)

Of course you might have a problem adapting the stock TB boot to that HY35, but GM also has the screw in type that DIY sells, you could just weld a nut to your intake pipe.

I'm pretty sure you can get a silicone boot of the proper size and just push the Grand Prix sensor in, IMO.

You can't see mine in my pics because the IAT and the stock 280z TB boot is mounted to the intake of the turbo.

Good luck! The MS is soooooo awesome...you can tell by listening to my vid how fast that turbo spools (it's like instant) and my tuning is so pig-rich right now that it spits out black smoke like a diesel when you floor it!

I took it for a quick ride in the parking lot before the hobby shop closed, and even with that tuning, my cobbled together, restricted rad hose pipes, and the duct-taped dryer duct on the other side of the FMIC, it hit 6psi at the TB at about 2300rpm. I believe it would have gone higher but I haven't programmed my Profec-a yet (I got it in exchange for my old L28E, what a deal)

The TPS just get from a Q45 (G50), a 300zx (Z31), KA24E stanza (89-ish) or 240sx.

It basically bolts on your TB. (I used shelf hangers to modify mine) I think the Q45's is the same spacing as the datsun TB though.

I guess you could also just use the 240sx tb and the TPS is mounted already. You can do that with the stock EFI since it has the switches as well as the pot inside. (though the 240sx only has the contacts for full throttle and not off-idle enrichment)

The coolest thing about the MS is that you never have to adjust the TPS again. Just like the new GM cars, you just calibrate it by getting readings at 0% and 100% throttle. THis really helped me because my throttle linkage is so worn the TB only actually opens to 80% wiht the pedal (If I open it wide under the hood my laptop will display throttle position as 124%!)

I'm gonna fix that with an RC car tie rod or something to take up the slack.

I think I did read that post last night. Thanks for the info. Once I get to the install I might be asking for more help.