HybridZ

motor install pics, Holset, P90... lots of PICS>>>

big-phil

Guest 280ZForce
Hey Phil, Looking really good dude!!.. one question.. how do you think the Holset turbo feels lag wyse compared to the stocker? I hear they are pretty laggy.. Just wanted to see your opinion.. The car sounds great and I bet she will really screem with MsNs with the 440s and BOOOOOOST..

Great job dude.

Gabe

The Holsets are not "laggy" at all in my opinion. The stocker l28et usually hits boost around 3000-3200 rpm if i remember correctly and hits full boost pretty fast.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Holsets are not "laggy" at all in my opinion. The stocker l28et usually hits boost around 3000-3200 rpm if i remember correctly and hits full boost pretty fast.

depending on what gear I am in I can get 14psi at 2500-2700rpms, As long as I could get about the same boost levels by around 3000-3300 that should be cool.

Hey Phil, Looking really good dude!!.. one question.. how do you think the Holset turbo feels lag wyse compared to the stocker? I hear they are pretty laggy.. Just wanted to see your opinion.. The car sounds great and I bet she will really screem with MsNs with the 440s and BOOOOOOST..

Great job dude.

Gabe

The lag feels about the same, boost comes on at about 2500ish and hits hard at 3500. In the video I was in 3rd for the 50mph roll on at about 3300ish. It feels like it hits hard!! I'm not a drag racer but I got to 90mph pretty quick?

Hey PHil... looking at the engine pictures in your car..im curious.. do you not have a radiator fan?? or you running one of those elec waterpumps?

looking good and makes me want to turbo one of mine ... guess the only way to learn is to jump in.

I've got an ele. fan

I agree. I'm running about 10psi and it feels soooooooo much better than the 15 psi I was running the stock T3 with. The Holset pushes soooo much more air. I also think my 3" I/C piping helps a bit.

I am in the process of building my turbo L28. Did you upgrade you T3? I have the T04E compressor mounted to the stock t3 hotside. Will it be compareable to the hy35

The only thing I did to the t3 was port out the waste gate hole. As far as the t3/to4e combo you got, I'm not sure if its compatible with the Holset. Those are the only 2 turbo's I have ever had. I just know the Holset kicks man, It just kicks. I have a buddy who has a newer Camero that runs 12.0 and he was impressed with how my car pushed him back in the seat! He kept saying "You have to take this car to the track!!"

one q...

how hard is it to adapt the holset to the stock manifold (I don't have a downpipe yet so it might be worthwhile to upgrade!)

I also don't have the FMIC piping set up properly yet (I cobbled some together from junked volvos and saabs)

I do have the megasquirt....I still have to tune it...here's a vid of mine starting up, tell me what YOU think :o)

th_bryanspics1008.jpg

Hey phil I think your boost problem in first is due to the afm adjustment. With my holset I got full boost in first around 4k rpms. Also on my old car the ghetto beast I was running the stock t3 with the stock electronics. When I upgraded to the 370cc injectors and adjusted the flap my boost became very laggy in first and second. I believe it is due to the afm giving it too much fuel. So when you upgrade to megasquirt you will get faster boost response. Nice vid

one q...

how hard is it to adapt the holset to the stock manifold (I don't have a downpipe yet so it might be worthwhile to upgrade!)

I also don't have the FMIC piping set up properly yet (I cobbled some together from junked volvos and saabs)

I do have the megasquirt....I still have to tune it...here's a vid of mine starting up, tell me what YOU think :o)

th_bryanspics1008.jpg

I did a writeup on it not too long ago. Just search using me as an author. Unforantely most of the pics are broken.