HybridZ

Mystery Nissan engine (to me)

mtcookson

Hopefully you guys can help me out. I can't seem to figure out what engine this is. It says Nissan Z on the valve cover, which makes me think the Z series (Z20E, Z22E, Z24E, etc.) but I cannot find any pictures of the Z engines that match up to this one. Most of the pictures I've found show a carb-like breather on it.

Someone swapped it into a Mazda REPU since the rotary was toast but never finished it and its been bugging me since seeing it. :lol:

http://www.machzracing.com/Repu/repu1.jpg

http://www.machzracing.com/Repu/repu5.jpg

Thanks for any help/info you can provide!

• 1 month later...

Cool! I had an 85 200sx with the twin plug 'Z' 2.0l motor (4cyl with 8 plugs.. really confused a few people!) and it ran great for a long time... Developed a rear main leak after about 240k but I just ran diesel oil (15/40) and it was ok.. :oops: I drove the hell out of that thing, and it just took it. Started in -35 weather first try, NEVER let me down.. I sold the thing for $300 and the kid got into a high speed chase with it the next week; A police cruiser pushed it into the ditch by the drivers door/rear quarter. Shame really...

Cool! I had an 85 200sx with the twin plug 'Z' 2.0l motor (4cyl with 8 plugs.. really confused a few people!) and it ran great for a long time... Developed a rear main leak after about 240k but I just ran diesel oil (15/40) and it was ok.. :oops: I drove the hell out of that thing, and it just took it. Started in -35 weather first try, NEVER let me down.. I sold the thing for $300 and the kid got into a high speed chase with it the next week; A police cruiser pushed it into the ditch by the drivers door/rear quarter. Shame really...

CA20 in the 200sx dooooooooood.

thats why it's a 200sx, and not a 220sx!